• Views 2,459,458
  • Replies 17,237
  • Likes 172

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you can't use an official update with a fake package. it (dumping games) can be a bit time-consuming, but it's pretty easy to do. I think final fantasy x/x-2 remastered took about two hours from dumping all the way to finishing install of fake package. thus far, I've had 0 failures, but I only have 13 games. remember to back up any dlc you have (must use ftp) and you'll need to inject the original keystone. I believe orbis creates its own keystone as the sce_sys seems to be all done automatically (you either have sce_sys or image0 -- the game files minus the param.sfo, which is in the sce_sys), so the force command in cmd prompt tells the system to overwrite it. you'll have to make the package modifiable for this to work. you can do that when building the package. I have a tutorial on it as does @KiiWii . it's confusing at first, but you'll get the hand of it. you only need the keystone if you have saves btw, so that's what I did. I just used the keystone for all of my legit saves. fake saves should be okay without it.

Reactions: KiiWii and rawyolks

rawyolks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks!

Sleep mode doesn't work on 6.72? I tried with both Mira and Mira-Unofficial, and console doesn't wake up, file system check etc...

And why there's no HEN available? Only Mira? I understand Mira contains HEN?

And what's the difference between Mira and the Unofficial Mira? What's the best tool for 6.72?

Last edited by rawyolks,

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about mira, but it was meant to be the building block of a cfw. one was started, but it may be like hen where you have to start it at every boot. it's supposed to have more options I think, but I don't use it. I'm not on 6.72 either. you'll need to be on that in order to dump that update cuz the game must be bootable, then you can minimize it while it dumps everything. you can turn off the shutting down of the system, but since there's no way to tell if everything has dumped otherwise, I wouldn't do that. the notification intervals can also be changed, but one minute is probably good enough, which is its default.

Reactions: rawyolks

DariusEvans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks!

Sleep mode doesn't work on 6.72? I tried with both Mira and Mira-Unofficial, and console doesn't wake up, file system check etc...

And why there's no HEN available? Only Mira? I understand Mira contains HEN?

And what's the difference between Mira and the Unofficial Mira? What's the best tool for 6.72?
there is hen 2.1.3 i use it and my ps4 is alway in rest mode when im done whitout any problem

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started using rest mode on my ps4, but I"m on 5.05. I used to do rest mode on my pstv as well, but in both cases, I don't play the system enough to waste electricity putting it in standby. plus, my ps4 is more a testing or dumping station like my ps3 was, so it's not like I'm in the middle of a game. in fact, I think it was @Leeful who advised not being in game if you go into rest mode or at the very least, saving before you do just in case something happens. that's for any firmware.

D

Deleted User

The estimated amount of cost that a PS4 in standby for an entire year would be $3.68, maybe a dollar or two more at most. Comes out to less than 50 cents a month on the high end.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently started using rest mode on my ps4, but I"m on 5.05. I used to do rest mode on my pstv as well, but in both cases, I don't play the system enough to waste electricity putting it in standby. plus, my ps4 is more a testing or dumping station like my ps3 was, so it's not like I'm in the middle of a game. in fact, I think it was @Leeful who advised not being in game if you go into rest mode or at the very least, saving before you do just in case something happens. that's for any firmware.
On 5.05 rest mode works absolutely perfectly on my phatty.

mon my 6.72 pro: NOOOPE

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't matter much to me, because I have no interest in gaming on any system but retro systems (been fiddling with the psx classic lately), the wii u, and the switch. I'm retiring after this scene is over, anyway which may be as early as December considering the day 0 exploit is supposed to be revealed. way too much drama in the scenes, and it seems like it just gets worse as time goes on especially if you care enough to be friends with some of the people on the inside. it's a fucked up mess that fewer and fewer people want to be a part of.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did you try Joonie's 6.72 hen? iirc, the list of features includes rest mode.

D

Deleted User

I just turned on my PS4 for the first time in like a month yesterday from rest mode to add a game no problems. It's on 6.72 with Hen. There's a few settings you need checked in PS4 settings for rest mode to work properly.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know about the ps5, but one of the features of the new xbox sounds really nice (game suspend or rest mode I guess for more than one game at a time).

D

Deleted User

One probably copied the other, but PS5 has that feature too. Up to 3 games can be suspended while playing a 4th game.

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hehe I beta tested all the restmode shizzle for SiSTR0 back in the day. Trust me it’s a anomaly.

Someone stated that this usb charging thing in the settings should be switched to off, in order to get restmode working. Can't tell if it makes any difference ;)

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a warning about usb charging for both psp and the vita. one or both might even say it in the menus. it's only if transferring data with those two systems. apparently, the signal might be interrupted if you're charging at the same time, but afaik, that's the only thing you shouldn't be doing.

Reactions: susi91 and KiiWii

giwty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS4 on 6.72 which i'm keeping offline.
Is there a way to download the DLC's for Playroom somehow?
The game is pre-installed on all PS4's, and the DLC's are free, so wonder if there is a legal way to download it off PS server.
I have the camera and my Kids would love playing it

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS4 on 6.72 which i'm keeping offline.
Is there a way to download the DLC's for Playroom somehow?
The game is pre-installed on all PS4's, and the DLC's are free, so wonder if there is a legal way to download it off PS server.
I have the camera and my Kids would love playing it

can't. even free content needs an unlocker. if you need help with that, I could do it. or you could. download psdlc to see if you can download the official dlc, then make an unlocker using its content id. all unlockers, afaik, are 128KBs, so you'll know if it's right once it finishes, which should be in like one second.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/kUTOYMV