1. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    possibly the al-azif dns. I think @KiiWii has a list of online places that host exploits. most probably use 2.1.3. it's the most stable. I think there's a 2.1.4, but it's been known to cause saves to disappear. you also might look into self-hosting.

Woxinum and KiiWii like this.
  2. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    not sure why someone upload this. they obviously got the links via a proxy. I'm merging them together to see what shows up in pkg viewer:
    upload_2020-10-15_23-52-13.png

3. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
  4. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Woxinum and KiiWii like this.
  5. momodora

momodora Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    So best I've got is a PS4 pro on 7.5.

Should I just put it in storage and wait? Is there hope?

6. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    possibly. there's a hacker's conference in December that will disclose the day0 exploit, the one exploit that's never been released to the public, but hinted at.. it may have been patched (who knows), but definitely do not update to 8.00.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://www.blackhat.com/eu-20/brie...xploiting-a-webkit--day-in-playstation--21212

this is it, though it says for 6.xx, so I'm not sure if it's been patched. whatever it is, it's probably a lot better than the exploit that's currently being used.

KiiWii likes this.
  7. Woxinum

Woxinum Member
    Newcomer

France
    KiiWii likes this.
  8. jation

jation Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    @KiiWii , @Leeful is this true? I updated PS-Phwoar! Exploit Host Menu to 1.4 few days ago, and now HEN is 2.1.4. I used PS-Phwoar! 1.2 for months without any problem, only updated because SaveMounter+FTP bug. Is better to use 2.13 from old HEN menu? Thanks.

9. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    The problems with hen 2.1.4 only happened when it was first released. Within a day the problems were identified and removed. Hen 2.1.4 is fine.

Last edited by Leeful, Oct 16, 2020
  10. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

Wow! Thank you KiiWii! I have a question. Is it ok to connect a Jailbroken PS4 Phat to internet to activate Bluray Movie disc playback?

KiiWii likes this.
  11. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    can't if you mean AACS keys. that would require updating the firmware just like with the ps3.

janangelogbatemp and KiiWii like this.
  12. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Negative.

janangelogbatemp and godreborn like this.
  13. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    that's one of the ways they've got you fucked. that is the only reason the ps3 receives new updates actually. it's not to fix security. it's because the AACS keys have to be renewed annually.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/video/aacs.html

chances are high that the ps3 will still get updates 'til at least the ps6 if not higher. the bluray player was the ps3's trojan horse just like the dvd player and the ps2. the only reason most people have an hd tv now is the digital transition, and tbh, I know of no one with anything beyond 1080p. the average person isn't going to replace his whole setup just because it's outdated like microsoft and sony think. you replace something when it breaks.

heavyd2244 and janangelogbatemp like this.
  14. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

Thank you for the awesome reply godreborn! You saved my new PS4! It's a good thing I should asked here first. I have been thinking for quite some time if it's safe. Another question pls. How to update to HEN 2.1.3?

15. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    if you're using xproject, just delete the cache, then install the latest xproject. I'm pretty sure it's using that version. most people use that version, so if you have your payloads cached, just delete the cache, and reload the frontend or payload list or whatever and save its cache again. I only have experience with xproject and some with leeful's frontend, but I only use xproject. I still haven't updated to 6.72, not until @KiiWii thinks it's safe enough.

KiiWii and janangelogbatemp like this.
  16. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

The web browser on User Guide keeps flickering when I tried to install the new exploit. However, the installation was successful when I used the buit-in browser. I tried to launch the User Guide again, but its still not connecting to the exploit page. Although the built-in browser works just fine with the exploit. Another problem I encountered was before the exploit update, the console turned itself off when I launch Backup on the webbrowser. Did it damage anything on the system?

Last edited by janangelogbatemp, Oct 17, 2020
    KiiWii likes this.
  17. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    sounds like a kernel panic. those are normal and will happen from time to time. the most common occurrence of them is right when deploying a payload, but they can happen at any time. though, I've never seen them happen while in game on 5.05, but I've heard that it's still possible.

janangelogbatemp and KiiWii like this.
  18. MaxToTheMax

MaxToTheMax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am getting a hackable PS4 Pro soon, so I have been reading the info in this tread religiously lol.

KiiWii and godreborn like this.
  19. sergey3000

sergey3000 GBAtemp Fan

Iceland
    Is it safe to install Linux on the ps4? I heard the fans doesn't work properly in linux mode and the ps4 can be overheated.

20. Tomato123

Tomato123 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Linux doesn't really do anything permenant to the PS4 itself and installs onto a HDD over USB so it's safe to install without worry. I never had any problems with heat but the most intensive thing I did was run a Steam game using Proton for about 30 minutes and I never ran into any problems. Light use such as browsing the web shouldn't run into any issues at all.

godreborn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide