1. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I recently started using rest mode on my ps4, but I"m on 5.05. I used to do rest mode on my pstv as well, but in both cases, I don't play the system enough to waste electricity putting it in standby. plus, my ps4 is more a testing or dumping station like my ps3 was, so it's not like I'm in the middle of a game. in fact, I think it was @Leeful who advised not being in game if you go into rest mode or at the very least, saving before you do just in case something happens. that's for any firmware.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

The estimated amount of cost that a PS4 in standby for an entire year would be $3.68, maybe a dollar or two more at most. Comes out to less than 50 cents a month on the high end.

Last edited Oct 10, 2020
    KiiWii likes this.
  3. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    On 5.05 rest mode works absolutely perfectly on my phatty.

mon my 6.72 pro: NOOOPE

4. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    doesn't matter much to me, because I have no interest in gaming on any system but retro systems (been fiddling with the psx classic lately), the wii u, and the switch. I'm retiring after this scene is over, anyway which may be as early as December considering the day 0 exploit is supposed to be revealed. way too much drama in the scenes, and it seems like it just gets worse as time goes on especially if you care enough to be friends with some of the people on the inside. it's a fucked up mess that fewer and fewer people want to be a part of.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

did you try Joonie's 6.72 hen? iirc, the list of features includes rest mode.

KiiWii likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I just turned on my PS4 for the first time in like a month yesterday from rest mode to add a game no problems. It's on 6.72 with Hen. There's a few settings you need checked in PS4 settings for rest mode to work properly.

KiiWii likes this.
  6. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Hehe I beta tested all the restmode shizzle for SiSTR0 back in the day. Trust me it’s a anomaly.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

PS5 might cost $10,000 a month to leave in standby (j/k, or maybe not?)

8. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    don't know about the ps5, but one of the features of the new xbox sounds really nice (game suspend or rest mode I guess for more than one game at a time).

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

One probably copied the other, but PS5 has that feature too. Up to 3 games can be suspended while playing a 4th game.

10. YuBobster

YuBobster Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    My PS4 is on rest mode for over two months now. It wakes up every day without any problems.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Leeful, KiiWii and schatzi24 like this.
  11. schatzi24

schatzi24 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Also my PS4 6.72 Death Stranding is on rest mode for a couple of weeks and works perfectly

Leeful and KiiWii like this.
  12. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Someone stated that this usb charging thing in the settings should be switched to off, in order to get restmode working. Can't tell if it makes any difference ;)

KiiWii likes this.
  13. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    there's a warning about usb charging for both psp and the vita. one or both might even say it in the menus. it's only if transferring data with those two systems. apparently, the signal might be interrupted if you're charging at the same time, but afaik, that's the only thing you shouldn't be doing.

susi91 and KiiWii like this.
  14. giwty

giwty Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a PS4 on 6.72 which i'm keeping offline.
    Is there a way to download the DLC's for Playroom somehow?
    The game is pre-installed on all PS4's, and the DLC's are free, so wonder if there is a legal way to download it off PS server.
    I have the camera and my Kids would love playing it

15. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    can't. even free content needs an unlocker. if you need help with that, I could do it. or you could. download psdlc to see if you can download the official dlc, then make an unlocker using its content id. all unlockers, afaik, are 128KBs, so you'll know if it's right once it finishes, which should be in like one second.

KiiWii likes this.
  16. giwty

giwty Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you,I'm a bit clueless in the PS scene (more active on the switch), so would love your help.
    Tried using the psdlc, it lists the DLCs (CUSA00001), but i'm unable to download, as i'm missing some libs, will try to read more, but appreciate any shortcuts :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I've managed to download something with psdlc, but everything is 1mb-1.5mb, which i doubt contain the actual dlc.
    Not sure what to do next...

Attached Files:

17. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    dlc is usually pretty small. that's what I got:

upload_2020-10-10_17-38-26.png

in a lot of cases, the dlc is in the app or game already, you just need an unlocker. have you checked if the dlc works with an unlocker?

18. giwty

giwty Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hmm.. how do i unlock?

19. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    go to manual input, and input the content id (the name of the files you have are named after the content id). I know all themes are this size as you can see in the photo, but I also think all dlc unlockers are this size: 128KBs. after that, you can unlock the dlc, dump it, then make fake pkg. the unlocker is really all you need, but if you were making it for others, it makes the process easier.

20. giwty

giwty Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks, but not sure i understand
    1. Use psdlc to download fpkg - file sizes are 1mb to 1.5mb
    2. Use manual input with the downloaded dlc file name from step 1
    3. The file is now 128kb
    4. What now? i can install the 128kb file?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide