1. pumpkinpies

pumpkinpies Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    thanks looks like they have the same files i downloaded and it is one update split into 3 parts - can I and should I combine them together and then try installing ?

it does say it needs firmware 6.72 and i am on 5.05

2. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    Yes, try the copy /b command in cmd prompt.

3. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    you may have to do that, but I'm not sure. you may have to use the command I mentioned. I've seen themes in two parts. I only had to fix the first part (the bigger of the two). don't bother with the update. after rereading your post, you wouldn't be able to dump it since it requires 6.72 and the game must be bootable. see if you can find it somewhere.

4. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    @KiiWii , I was unable to post an image in our conversation about downgrading, but this is what update extreme put on my usb:

upload_2020-9-27_14-32-9.png

swu is probably software updater. I don't know why it put it on the usb. iirc, the ps3 version is just called swu.self and swu2.self or something similar. sony added a second software updater after the first one was compromised. geohot was actually using the original software updater to open files from a software update.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

alright, I was close. here it is (have rebug lite 4.86.1 decrypted on my laptop):

upload_2020-9-27_14-36-17.png

KiiWii likes this.
  5. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    @KiiWii has this been reported yet on the thread https://www.blackhat.com/eu-20/brie...xploiting-a-webkit--day-in-playstation--21212 ? i find the last line of the synopsis veeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy intresting

(note it said faced instead of face which means it's been done successfully perhaps)

Last edited by chrisrlink, Sep 29, 2020
    KiiWii likes this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I think the 0 day exploit(s) is/are the main reason sony joined hackerone. they want those exploits patched as fast as possible, so we'll probably see that with the ps5. though, the ps3 and ps4 scenes have pissed so many good devs and hackers off that the ps5 scene might be completely different.

7. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

France
    I have updated from 5.05 to 6.72 but I can't cache the new 6.72 exploit because i have already the old one for 5.05 cached, so it says "error caching"
    I want to factory reset my PS4 and try again but how can I backup my save files first from installed pkg?
    A copy to USB stick from PS4 settings will work?

8. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    yes, that will work. you just need to change the aid in account activator to import them back. the folder that the saves appear in is your aid, so just input that. use save mounter to enable debugging as it will work with account activator. this is what I did after formatting my hdd to get rid of a banned account. I didn't know that slots were separate for some games, so I just used account activator to temporarily change my aid, then imported them back. I don't think you'll need save mounter if you're using the same account, but if you want to change to a new account, you can also use account activator and save manager without ever opening a game. it's very simple to use, just remember to unmount the save or you might have to rebuild the database because the save will be stuck decrypted.

Metalman likes this.
  9. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

France
    Ok thanks i will try with account activator then. I don’t have any PSN account, i will just recreate a new local account
    will that work?

10. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    If you didn’t factory reset, just delete cache and cookies in the browser>press options>settings

godreborn likes this.
  11. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I don't think you can export/import saves without an activated account. those saves should be all 0s for account id, so you could probably use all 0s and activate a nonexistent account that way. you'll then be able to export/import saves. I don't know how it relates to 6.72 as I'm still on 5.05. you can either activate your account before reverting to default settings or use save mounter beforehand. account activation would be the easier way between the two, since you can do mass transfers and you don't have to worry about forgetting to unmount a save. I did that once, and the save couldn't be deleted, so I had to rebuild the database. if you do the save mounter method, I'd suggest backing up the app.db with db and sg payload. that way you can get your games back easily after rebuilding the database. there's a python script for 6.72 that can fix games disappearing, but it's easier and more prudent to use the app.db especially if anything goes wrong at any point in time. also, save mounter doesn't update the savedata database, so it will display the wrong info. the main difference between save mounter and importing saves is the database; plus, you have to have a save already on the system to override in the pfs folder. if using save mounter to update the database, just load the save(s) and save immediately again.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

this works as well, but if you're encountering errors most often rebuilding the database will fix it. remember to backup the app.db. that's what I did when I was encountering an error with final fantasy vii (the remastered game with trophies added). it would error when booting the game yet wouldn't crash. rebuilding the database fixed it, but I also injected my app.db to get my games back. doing that worked perfectly. I've heard of some people having issues with the python script not working, so injecting your app.db should work no problem.

12. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Anyone here messing with notzecoxao's recently posted archive.dat?
    What are the pros and cons, compared to the account activator method?

13. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I'm not sure what that is, but it sounds like a backed up account, because I think that's the same name the ps3 uses. I'd be hesitant to use someone else's account especially if one day we can go online. I know people were game sharing with xbox 360. however, in that regard, you had to be signed in to live. many, many bannings took place as a result. I'm afraid something like that might happen here if the same account is being used, and unlike microsoft, sony likes to ban both account and system.

imo, the safest way is account activator but only doing this after using @Leeful 's script. make an account on sony's official playstation site, drag and drop a certain url into Leeful's script, get your aid. if we can ever sign in again, I'd use account activator to revert the account id back to all 0s (not sure if there will be a residual trace, but I assume you'll still be able to export with all 0s, which shouldn't be possible under normal circumstances. all 0s is supposed to mean no aid). with all 0s, see what happens when you do an official account activation. that's my two cents without reading up on it, but based on my experience and reading about what's happened in the past on other systems doing something similar.

susi91 likes this.
  14. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Thank you @godreborn
    I see. Is that script from leeful on his github? I just used only account activator, but the profile is new, so I can revert it back and use the script too. I've a blank PSN account, used to activate my two PS Vitas ;)

It seems the archive.dat thing activates the console, then remoteplay on 6.72 is possible without HEN, copying saves too. But I'm worried about the ID, have no clue how's that supposed to work. Just started the download of the backup zip and it's over 250mb in size. I'm going to take a look into it.

15. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    The script is on temp. My tutorials for ps4 have a link to it. I'm on my phone right now or else I'd post the link here.

susi91 likes this.
  16. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

France
    I have deleted all browser settings but when I try to start the payload host page, i have this error:
    "Cache deleted after FW spoof incorrect value identified"

17. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Reboot your console, open browser, delete cache and settings.

if you ran hen first it will spoof.

18. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    @Keylogger what host menu are you using on 6.72?

19. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hi there :)
    Just looked into the act.dat file backups from my (activiated) PS Vitas.
    In there is an unique string, named 'AID' with 16 digits.
    I guess I can use that string for the PS4 account activator, in order to skip the PSN login / leeful script?

20. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    yes, but it may be in little endian. that's how it appears in the system.dreg in vd0/registry. little endian is like a byte reversal. to make sure, check the id.dat. that will be in the correct order. though, I'd strongly suggest making a new account in case the account ever gets banned. I was using the same account on the ps3, vita, pstv, and ps4. however, both system and account got banned on the ps3. about three years ago this is mostly a precaution.

KiiWii and susi91 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide