Country
United States

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If it requires 7.51 then it won’t work.

you can use any updates up to and including 6.72 compatible, no higher.
Where can I get updates from my games then? There's a website

www.orbismodding.com

Where u look for your game Id and you will can download patches, but one thing I notice is that on games I have on DVD the patches get installed but on pkg games most of them don't work.

BTW how does ps4 file system works, it unpacks pkg when installing or maintains the file as it is and unpackes on the fly when booting the game?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just tried to backport the update for No Man's Sky and I get this error when trying to launch it: CE-41839-5. Anybody knows how to fix it? Thanks

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tried to backport the update for No Man's Sky and I get this error when trying to launch it: CE-41839-5. Anybody knows how to fix it? Thanks
Something is corrupted.

Where can I get updates from my games then? There's a website

www.orbismodding.com

Where u look for your game Id and you will can download patches, but one thing I notice is that on games I have on DVD the patches get installed but on pkg games most of them don't work.

BTW how does ps4 file system works, it unpacks pkg when installing or maintains the file as it is and unpackes on the fly when booting the game?

Patches apply to the game based on CUSAID: you must install updates for the correct CUSAID, and it works for disc as well as digital as long as you own the games (NON-FPKG). If you have a FPKG game you can only update it with an FPKG update, and it needs to be married to the main game FPKG to work.

File system reads app.pkg on the fly, mounted, afaik: updates are read before the main game, and mounted, then decrypted, then run.

Reactions: viggen66 and Leeful

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Something is corrupted.

Patches apply to the game based on CUSAID: you must install updates for the correct CUSAID, and it works for disc as well as digital as long as you own the games (NON-FPKG). If you have a FPKG game you can only update it with an FPKG update, and it needs to be married to the main game FPKG to work.

File system reads app.pkg on the fly, mounted, afaik: updates are read before the main game, and mounted, then decrypted, then run.
Thanks once again for your reply, I totally forgot I'm installing fake pkg, not genuine, hence not working.

Porting genuine patches to fake pkg must require more advantage knowledge which I don't have

Reactions: KiiWii

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bad backport update(I think) . Make sure you do it right . Did you use a dumped 6.72 update? Try installing base game with 5.05 backport

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bad backport update(I think) . Make sure you do it right . Did you use a dumped 6.72 update? Try installing base game with 5.05 backport
Yep. Backport for the base game isn't needed, as well as an older update, coz it's already under 5.05. Probably is one of those that can't be backported. Need to wait until 6.72 became reliable

GeneX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone manage to get back from rest mode on the new 6.72 Hen? Because it gets into without KP, but it always KP when it gets back from rest mode.

Also, asking about where to find Themes counts as warez?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone manage to get back from rest mode on the new 6.72 Hen? Because it gets into without KP, but it always KP when it gets back from rest mode.

Rest seems to work ok here, perhaps I need to test more.

search psDLC index

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

official ones yes (from the PS Store) idk if their are 3rd party ones like on the switch if there is i'm sure there's a program to create them, w/o copyrighted code in it i know the ps3 has it custom themes

Reactions: GeneX

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@GeneX

E39F6A5D-F97D-464A-8BF5-8F8F4960D355.png

The OP also had a quick tutorial.

Reactions: GeneX

medeka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello Sir, iam new on instal backport game. is there any chance our firmware auto updated to 6.72 when instal FPKG Game 6.72 on may PS4 Slim 5.05?

Prev i have PS3 CFW, if iam not mistaken inside PKG has UPDATE.pup that min firmware to play the game.

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello Sir, iam new on instal backport game. is there any chance our firmware auto updated to 6.72 when instal FPKG Game 6.72 on may PS4 Slim 5.05?

Prev i have PS3 CFW, if iam not mistaken inside PKG has UPDATE.pup that min firmware to play the game.
No you stay in 5.05.
All the backported games i have install never have updated pup.

Reactions: medeka

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just a question on my 6.72 jb, some games ask me for a system update now or later, is all fake pkg I have what happens if I accidentally ask for update now? Ill it ruin my 6.72? Is there a way to stop that pop-up?

Fever86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm assuming the app2USB payload issues I'm having (freezing/failing to complete) are a JB issue on 6.72? Had it all working without issue in 5.05 so just reaching out to see if anybody else has struggled after updating?

0bRex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just a question on my 6.72 jb, some games ask me for a system update now or later, is all fake pkg I have what happens if I accidentally ask for update now? Ill it ruin my 6.72? Is there a way to stop that pop-up?
disable internet and restart ps4 (if exploit is cached) u should not get this pop up to update now or later.

Well if u blocked updater then ps4 can't download any pup even if u select now option

Last edited by 0bRex,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They are in shape and all that lol