• Views 2,284,250
  • Replies 14,946
  • Likes 170

DariusEvans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanx much Darius...thats exactly what I needed. Have a mishmash folder with a mixture of both...not very good file management on my part. I will do better in the future:)
no prob i use it a lots to verify version to be sure its not a 5.05 modified file orto change back name of file to original name to instal via remote package instaler. what i like about that prog its that it show evrything about the pkg (if its a fpkg, what required firmware is neded, ect...)

Reactions: webslingr

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may understand. another successful backport, this time devil may cry 5. don't backport the update with a fake patch or the game will get frozen (you can exit though). backport the whole patch. fake patches for games with no update seem to be okay from what I've seen, just not ones with patches. I'm assuming it's writing over the patch.

20200727_224157_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Rikua

Kyrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think I may understand. another successful backport, this time devil may cry 5. don't backport the update with a fake patch or the game will get frozen (you can exit though). backport the whole patch. fake patches for games with no update seem to be okay from what I've seen, just not ones with patches. I'm assuming it's writing over the patch.

View attachment 219148
I have played tetris effect with 6.72 base and 6.72 update, then applied a small 5.05 patch. Works without any problems and I have played it for hours.
So either it works for some games or maybe all if its done correctly.

Atleast with tetris effect, update version was 1.08 but the patch had version 1.09 (which doesnt exist officially) so maybe its just a matter of numbering the patch.

Update——-

The above was incorrect as there is indeed a 1.09 official patch that i dint find at first.. so your theory seems legit

Last edited by Kyrn,

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Borderlands 3 is out, Greedfall is out. Those were the last two games I was waiting for. So now I'm set for 6.72 already that was fast.

Adam512

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
THIS IS almost HUGE:

https://github.com/cfwprpht/PSFSKKey

Just need the SAMU keys and we have the tool to decrypt/encrypt saves here...

The first post in this thread where you used the word "SAMU" ... B-)

if we theoretically had "SAMU", what would be possible with that? (theoretical) Downgrade? @KiiWii
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nice post, especially on 5.05 :bow:

Last edited by Adam512,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first post in this thread where you used the word "SAMU" ... B-)

if we theoretically had "SAMU", what would be possible with that? (theoretical) Downgrade? @KiiWii
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/DefaultDNB/status/1288207064465133568

nice post, especially on 5.05 :bow:

I was testing Mira loaders and FPKG patches for loading fake games via hen on testkit.

Zecoxao recons we will have the mythical SAMU soon. That is huge news. Donate to him!

Reactions: Adam512

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just bought a Ps4 with 6.72. I know the exploit is relatively new, is there a starting place for a newbie to the PS4 jailbreak for this firmware?

Edit: Got help elsewhere =).

Last edited by elunesgrace,

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KiiWii , is x-project, the newest, using the latest hen? 2.1.4, right? also, do you recommend internal or external to store games? I saw that leeful uses external in case there's a kernel panic, so that there's less time to wait while the system scans the hdd. would it take less time if I had a ssd? lastly, can I install directly to an external drive without app2usb? how does that work exactly if I'm using an hdd in exfat to install packages? one usb to the other? I assume that the ps4 has its own format and it formats the entire hdd? thanks.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@KiiWii , is x-project, the newest, using the latest hen? 2.1.4, right? also, do you recommend internal or external to store games? I saw that leeful uses external in case there's a kernel panic, so that there's less time to wait while the system scans the hdd. would it take less time if I had a ssd? lastly, can I install directly to an external drive without app2usb? how does that work exactly if I'm using an hdd in exfat to install packages? one usb to the other? I assume that the ps4 has its own format and it formats the entire hdd? thanks.

Last X-Project used 2.1.3, 2.1.4 is a version of Hen that we don’t actually use any features of yet. I only use internal, personally, never bothered with external.

vecst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if there is a place to put tested ideas or not. but just for the sake of sharing:
if you are on 6.72 and using Chiaki for remote play you might notice an increase of kernel panics. I started logging out of the ps4 when I'm done and leaving it on the press ps button screen and it seems my kernel panics have decreased considerably.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ brskhy: nah fam its more about the nds cheat databases