1. whobroughtben

whobroughtben Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone get remote play working on 6.72 jailbreak? Anything special need to be done?

2. MarkBeech

MarkBeech Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    My External has gotten pretty full now and my internal is almost full too. Would I be able to upgrade the 1TB internal by running the backup from hen, changing the internal then restoring the backup on the new bigger internal ?
    Plus would the backup from hen backup all the links on the internal for the games on the external ? So I could still play the external games without having to get the older games again.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My External has gotten pretty full now and my internal is almost full too. Would I be able to upgrade the 1TB internal by running the backup from hen, changing the internal then restoring the backup on the new bigger internal ?

Plus would the backup from hen backup all the links on the internal for the games on the external ? So I could still play the external games without having to get the older games again.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

3. MarkBeech

MarkBeech Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    i dont know why my message came up twice because I only posted it once. Sorry if it posted twice - like I say - I dont know why

4. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I have an opoisso893 fix here in folder structure. how do I pack it in *.pkg format?

5. yonasz

yonasz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Watch this video and just skip patching you allready have files for replacemnt

naddel81 likes this.
  6. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I already have the files patched. how to make a PKG file?

7. yonasz

yonasz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    So Just do it last part replace files in ORIGINAL extracted image make gp4 and rebuild Just watch last part of video

8. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    probably make it a gp4 with gengp4.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw, you need the original base package if it's an update to make with orbis. and, you may need to use duxa if it came from a different dump. that's why you should do your own backports, too many steps even then.

KiiWii likes this.
  9. Danethos86

Danethos86 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My console is 6.2 when bought it for $100
    I hear 5.0 better yet dunno what exploit best sen im on firmware but 6.2 and not 6.5-7.5 like guide says.

1. What is the best exploit to use and should i upgrade my firmware to use the exploit or stay on version 6.2?
    Can i install a firmware via usb offline?

2. What does the exploit allow you to do?
    Can i atleast play usb or usb version games?
    And what limitations does the exploit have that it can't do?

3. Can i be online and block updates if using the exploit. I don't online game but curius?

4. Can i use ps4 with a psn that cant login to? Or do i need to add new psn. If so how do i add new psn without updating? ( I dont use online gaming just for other stuff )

5. Do games need special access like patching the game before usable or can i just use a backup ps4 game or such. ( Not asking for games or links just if it need special patching for exploits)

10. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    @KiiWii , @Hayato213 I got the hdd. now, it's time to backup stuff that's only backed up twice again. then, I'll move on to backporting. 50TBs of backups now.

Hayato213 and KiiWii like this.
  11. DariusEvans

DariusEvans Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    are you backuping on nas or just external hdd ?

12. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    regular hdd. I don't have room for nas. I removed one of my hdds for this one, since I only have room for four hdds at the same time.

13. DariusEvans

DariusEvans Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    k my home nas is a small factor square tower in a corner of my living room, got 24 16tb in it and take the same space than small square table. second one in my shop for remote backup is a rack mount whit another 24 16tb in it. so a nas dont realy take a lots of space if you dont go for rack nas

Last edited by DariusEvans, Jul 25, 2020
  14. danfozzy85

danfozzy85 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Barbados
    Has anyone come across any updated docker images for the latest JB? (Ideal for hosting on my NAS)

15. bubolechka

bubolechka Member
    Newcomer

@Danethos86
    1. What is the best exploit to use and should i upgrade my firmware to use the exploit or stay on version 6.2?
    Can i install a firmware via usb offline?
    - You MUST update to 6.72 (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give you link - but you can google search for "PS4 6.72 OFW"
    - Yes you can and you MUST install it offline over USB

2. What does the exploit allow you to do?
    - For now - You can use it mainly for Piracy i.e. Install backup of "your" games, found online :P

Can i atleast play usb or usb version games?
    - You can play them internal or via USB

And what limitations does the exploit have that it can't do?
    - The only limitation is that you CAN'T use PSN...That's all :)

3. Can i be online and block updates if using the exploit. I don't online game but curius?
    - You can be online and block updates - Just use the DNS from the first page and then (after you're already on 6.72) you can use "Disable Updates" from AL-AZIF WEB HOST

4. Can i use ps4 with a psn that cant login to? Or do i need to add new psn. If so how do i add new psn without updating? ( I dont use online gaming just for other stuff )
    - Like I said - You can't use PSN, no matter what...

5. Do games need special access like patching the game before usable or can i just use a backup ps4 game or such. ( Not asking for games or links just if it need special patching for exploits)
    - If you are on 6.72 - NO, there is no need of patches, etc - It's almost Copy'n'Play :)

16. Adam512

Adam512 GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    Hi, any news on this topic? Lightningmods recently released a new CEX/DEX pkg.

KiiWii likes this.
  17. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I know the dev has been busy with his private life, so I don’t think much has been done yet.

I will give him a prod.

Adam512 likes this.
  18. IdontHavePS4

IdontHavePS4 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    no news ..... or actually one yes ... He added a new "commit", "commit" to donate to his "non-functional" code after a long time :rofl2:

https://github.com/xXxTheDarkprogramerxXx/PS4_Tools/commits/master

Isn't that beautiful? The broken code and he already wants to donate :rofl2: and the second part written "CEX / DEX" is released but according to the comments it does not work on 5.05.

Nice that after a long time the only change is the donate link ....... :glare:

19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    That does sound like you, at the rate you are filling up stuffs that extra 10TB will be full again lol.

godreborn and KiiWii like this.
  20. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Donation is optional, XDPX works his ass off to provide great things for the scene, publicly and behind the scenes.

What have you done? Can you help with this project? Or you just want devs to do everything for you and for absolutely nothing?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide