• Likes 172

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do i have to lose is my system is already on 5.55 and update to 6.72

Nothing to lose if you are on 5.55, I was referring to people that is on exploitable firmware going to another exploitable firmware, 5.55 doesn't count. Those firmwares are 4.05, 4.55, 5.05 going to 6.72 directly etc.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: KiiWii

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"First go to [Settings] > [Network] > [Set up Internet Connection] > [LAN / WIFI] (your choice) > [CUSTOM]
Set IP as AUTOMATIC.
Set DHCP as DO NOT SPECIFY.
DNS PRIMARY: 165.227.83.145 / DNS SECONDARY: 192.241.221.79
(Primary/secondary order does not matter)
Do not use Proxy Server.
When "Test Internet Connection" appears hit Circle to back out.
Go [Settings] > [Network] > [View Connection Status] to get your IP address ready for FTP or other payloads.

Now open your browser or user guide and you should see the exploit host.

(This method is RISKY if the DNS is down for any reason)"

So by setting up said DNS, that will block updates to my system? Also I saw that they are currently working on it and saw a report of the DNS servers being down. Should I just be waiting? I really want to block sony, but I don't want to go through my router. I just initialized my PS4 that was on 5.50 and have the PS4UPDATE.pup (Checked its md5), going to install it via safe mode and I currently have no internet settings attached. As I have not been on a hacked 5.05 system and can not use an update blocker homebrew, what are my options?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Rikua you can always block the addresses from the OP in your router to avoid accidental update. And you can
FTP in Make Two Folders Name one
PS4UPDATE.PUP
And Name the Other
PS4UPDATE.PUP.net.temp

for now 6.72 is too unstable to be fun. Wait a little longer, more stability awaits ;)

Reactions: elm

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone needs cheap storage this is what I did and I'm very satisfied with it.

$44.99 for 3 TB (used but has a 1 year warranty)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X37FQBU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a 3.5 so won't work as an internal has to be external but those work just as well as internal for games. So you'll need an enclosure like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X37FQBU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got mine today and already installing PKGs to it.

Last edited by Jayinem81,
Reactions: KiiWii

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rikua you can always block the addresses from the OP in your router to avoid accidental update. And you can
FTP in Make Two Folders Name one
PS4UPDATE.PUP
And Name the Other
PS4UPDATE.PUP.net.temp

for now 6.72 is too unstable to be fun. Wait a little longer, more stability awaits ;)
Yeah, unfortunately, I can't block them via my router as I have 3 others that live with me that all use ps4's and are on the same router. I'm not quite understanding the FTP functions just yet, where would those folders go? I apologize as I am reading up and asking questions that I'm sure are readily available lol Thanks for your help.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten payloads to work? I have version 1.04 of payloads and a payload injector but it won't connect. I'm a noob when it comes to this so I may not be doing something right on the PS4...I put in the IP and select 6.72 but it won't connect

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Information about the CE-34878-0 error:

Background
:​
  • CE-34878-0 has been an error within Mira since at least May.
  • Seems it has to do with a certain instruction, but without that instruction homebrew is broken.

How to fix it:
  1. Open the browser and use this page (https://ithaqua.exploit.menu/#6.72) for the Jailbreak (or set your DNS settings as described below for the same thing, these are both in the OP). It's hosted by @alazif (thanks for the fix!)
  2. YOU MUST THEN CHOOSE "Mira (No HB)", NOT "MIRA".
  • Alternatively, you can set your DNS settings to these addresses, opening the browser should automatically send you to that page:
  • DNS 1: 165.227.83.145
  • DNS 2: 192.241.221.79

Misc Info
  • This will BREAK hombrew! DON'T use this if you're wanting to use regular homebrew apps, use the regular Mira option on that page!
  • This fix will probably be resolved in regular Mira eventually

Last edited by mattyxarope,
Reactions: hippy dave

whobroughtben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m trying to do an offline update to 6.72 (currently on 6.20), but running into some issues.

I have formatted a flash drive as exfat, created a folder structure and put the update file in as follows:
PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP

However, every time I try to run software update, I get an error message that says [Connect to the internet] is turned off. When I do enable the internet with the dns hosts from the main thread it complains that it can’t connect to PlayStation network.

What am I doing wrong here?

update 1: same issue with flash drive formatted as FAT32

update 2: tried on a second smaller flash drive and it worked. Maybe there is a size restriction? The first one I tried to use is 32G (didn’t work), second one I tried was 2G and it worked.

Last edited by whobroughtben,

MikeNS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m trying to do an offline update to 6.72 (currently on 6.20), but running into some issues.

I have formatted a flash drive as exfat, created a folder structure and put the update file in as follows:
PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP

However, every time I try to run software update, I get an error message that says [Connect to the internet] is turned off. When I do enable the internet with the dns hosts from the main thread it complains that it can’t connect to PlayStation network.

Format FAT32

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP

No matter what it says I wouldn't do it while connected to the internet, it could actually update you to latest firmware. Try to reformat to FAT32 and retry.

Adam512

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@Adam512 use this site https://ps4database.io/ to get the 6.72 compatible patches for your OWNED games (digital or disc). Use the debug pkg installer with the 6.72 kex to install the pkg to your game. Run the Dumper payload (when its working), run the game, and dump it to usb with the dumper CFG set to split. You will then have decrypted dumps of your games and their 6.72 updates.

I don’t think I can explain it much simpler....

and what if I want a 7.51 patch for FW version 6.72? I feel like I read some instructions but I didn't understand him or a lot of other people.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus the jogger was a karate expert or something lol