• Views 2,459,552
  • Replies 17,237
  • Likes 172

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some serious reservations about duplex releases. they really f'd up the ps3 scene with plastering their name over everything and building fixes when none are needed. those are the biggest douchebags in the ps3 scene, "fixers." if you can't use licenses, go back to the wii or wii u scenes.

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure recovery.pup can only be installed via recovery, regular update only through the system menu.

I think you can install the regular pup in either recovery or home menu. if it were me, I'd probably choose recovery. I've seen the recovery menu on the ps4, the file itself, it's just called something like safemode.self. on the ps3, it's called the emer_init.self, and it's part of the core os. I'm not sure if the recovery menu on the ps4 is part of the core os, but it most likely is. it's a more restrictive mode where less is likely to go wrong, so it's safer, but in reality I don't think it matters much. something would probably have to be wrong with the ps4 for it to have issues installing a pup in the home menu.

Reactions: KiiWii

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can install the regular pup in either recovery or home menu. if it were me, I'd probably choose recovery. I've seen the recovery menu on the ps4, the file itself, it's just called something like safemode.self. on the ps3, it's called the emer_init.self, and it's part of the core os. I'm not sure if the recovery menu on the ps4 is part of the core os, but it most likely is. it's a more restrictive mode where less is likely to go wrong, so it's safer, but in reality I don't think it matters much. something would probably have to be wrong with the ps4 for it to have issues installing a pup in the home menu.

Well it depends on if he want to keep his files, if he want to then he has to do the regular update, if he doesn't want to then he can wipe it using the recovery.pup, if he was upgrading the internal drive then he to use recovery to reinstall OS.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it depends on if he want to keep his files, if he want to then he has to do the regular update, if he doesn't want to then he can wipe it using the recovery.pup, if he was upgrading the internal drive then he to use recovery to reinstall OS.

I think he's talking about just the regular pup, not the recovery pup, whether it can be installed in the home menu or the recovery or which one is more prudent. I don't think it really matters much.

Devrim

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think he's talking about just the regular pup, not the recovery pup, whether it can be installed in the home menu or the recovery or which one is more prudent. I don't think it really matters much.

I'm on 5.05 and wants to go to 6.72 and keep my files

Regular PUP from home menu is the way to go I guess

Last edited by Devrim,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there some kind of game compatibility issues or something? God of War SHOULD work on 6.72 right? I've tried 3 PKG files and every one of them crashes.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/kUTOYMV