• Replies 17,353
  • Likes 172

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the reasons why I wrote that it would be better first 7.02, more stable 7.02 :wub:

@KiiWii
BTW: If the user has FW version 6.72, how will he install the latest patch for that game (disc)? I feel like I read something about some local server for updates. This would definitely be a good reminder, because a lot of people want the latest update for the game.

(Maybe there is a special method to always get the latest updates for the game regardless of the FW version, but I'm not sure).

Kinda depends if the developer can write a good build of Hen, PS4Hen 2.1.4 is pretty stable, no crash or what so ever on 5.05 with that, mira is more for hombrew tool development than actual user level usage, I wouldn't say 6.72 is a bad firmware yet, we should all wait it out, Im still sitting at 5.05, I don't want to deal with losing everything I have installed so far.

On your question about the special method, I would only assume that method would require a real CFW, basically you can think of PS Vita comp pack to run games and update on lower firmware.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: Leeful

Adam512

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

sorry, I don't understand.

Yeah us the patches site to download compatible patches, manually install patch to your digital purchased game or disc using debug, and then dump your game with that update (separately) to archive.

sorry, I don't understand (other users would need instructions)..anything common FTP??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone reads this and has free time, please write a guide for others or find a link to the guide/tools. Thank you so much, me and other people will be very happy. :wub:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have 5.55 PS4 PRO should I update to 6.72 or wait?
Do I have anything to lose by updating?

wait.
Maybe you would lose the possibility of a future downgrade to 5.55 (I don't know if it's useful to go back to a smaller FW).

6.72 is not stable yet, please wait.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Adam512 use this site https://ps4database.io/ to get the 6.72 compatible patches for your OWNED games (digital or disc). Use the debug pkg installer with the 6.72 kex to install the pkg to your game. Run the Dumper payload (when its working), run the game, and dump it to usb with the dumper CFG set to split. You will then have decrypted dumps of your games and their 6.72 updates.

I don’t think I can explain it much simpler....

Reactions: Leeful

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
So far my internal 1TB has been sufficient for my needs however I was now considering buying an external but what does the following mean in the hen release notes? Does the second one mean if you format a drive on a 7.xx system you can use it interchangeably with your 5.05 system?

External HDD Support
External HDD Format 7.xx Support

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sorry, I don't understand (other users would need instructions)..anything common FTP??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone reads this and has free time, please write a guide for others or find a link to the guide/tools. Thank you so much, me and other people will be very happy. :wub:

wait.
Maybe you would lose the possibility of a future downgrade to 5.55 (I don't know if it's useful to go back to a smaller FW).

the sites in that link show minimum system version for each update along with download links.

MikeNS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wait.

What will a downgrade be good for if all the latest games require a higher firmware?

dabu-sapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Adam512 use this site https://ps4database.io/ to get the 6.72 compatible patches for your OWNED games (digital or disc). Use the debug pkg installer with the 6.72 kex to install the pkg to your game. Run the Dumper payload (when its working), run the game, and dump it to usb with the dumper CFG set to split. You will then have decrypted dumps of your games and their 6.72 updates.

I don’t think I can explain it much simpler....

The latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch requires 7.02. Is there a way to download an 6.72 compatible update for this game?

stranno

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Good lord, DUPLEX again
facepalm.gif

Seriously, Playstation 4 dump scene is probably the worst scene of all time, after the Dreamcast one (for obvious reasons).

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good lord, DUPLEX again
facepalm.gif

Seriously, Playstation 4 dump scene is probably the worst scene of all time, after the Dreamcast one (for obvious reasons).

normally they have advanced privilege to exploits to get dumping, so far it’s just dirt and RDR2 on the sites. Boring.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [grabs my official Star Trek Disruptor] come in