• Views 2,459,458
  • Replies 17,237
  • Likes 172

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not TOO unstable....first time I did it it took 4 tries.....I ended up wiping the system because I didn't want my PSN account getting banned (after getting an account banned on PS3, I don't want that again)...after wiping, jailbreak worked on the first try....I even put it in rest mode and it remained in jailbreak upon powering back up...

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not TOO unstable....first time I did it it took 4 tries.....I ended up wiping the system because I didn't want my PSN account getting banned (after getting an account banned on PS3, I don't want that again)...after wiping, jailbreak worked on the first try....I even put it in rest mode and it remained in jailbreak upon powering back up...

I’m confused, 6.72 doesn’t work on PSN, so how could you get banned? You’re paranoid about telemetry in general? Use the block list in the OP to add addresses to block to your router.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m confused, 6.72 doesn’t work on PSN, so how could you get banned? You’re paranoid about telemetry in general? Use the block list in the OP to add addresses to block to your router.

i know its paranoida, but I just dont want to take my chances....after having a PS3 account with about 10 years worth of content lost, its just a safety precaution that I would not rather take....who knows...we could eventually get a Jailbreak for current firmware in the future since the PS5 is coming out....

Reactions: KiiWii

DanyH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
someone tryed the dumper on 6.72 with PS4 Payload injector and the payload 1.0.2?
i try to launch the jb + Mira. Succesfull at the first try. Some games of the previus jb work some game like Berserk doesn't work.

Last edited by DanyH,

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately yes. Took me about 3 tries and crashed when I went into the settings once.

And since then I've tried to play one backup, it froze upon opening it, and it's been quite hard to get the jailbreak back since. I've managed to get it working a few times, but it always ends up crashing

YuBobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Any help for ce-34878-0 error? I've installed couple of pkg games but get this error every time I start them. Rebuilded database but now those games are not on the list and new installation hangs.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any help for ce-34878-0 error? I've installed couple of pkg games but get this error every time I start them. Rebuilded database but now those games are not on the list and new installation hangs.

6.72 exploit is unstable right now, people using it going to experience file corruption and database rebuild due to kernel panic, keep in mind that rate of successfully loading hen is 10%, I would wait recommend people that is on 5.05 to wait it out.

Reactions: Leeful

YuBobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
6.72 exploit is unstable right now, people using it going to experience file corruption and database rebuild due to kernel panic, keep in mind that rate of successfully loading hen is 10%, I would wait recommend people that is on 5.05 to wait it out.
We all know that what you have written but I'm on 6.72 and jb goes fine. Games are installing but can't start. Please reply if you have knowledge in ps4 errors.

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all know that what you have written but I'm on 6.72 and jb goes fine. Games are installing but can't start. Please reply if you have knowledge in ps4 errors.

Obviously I know more than you how the exploit work, don't be rude when I'm trying to explain the problem at hand, the issue here on hand is that the exploit is so unstable and successful rate of loading up hen is 10%, you would trigger kernel panic and the system crash, what you got to use stooged DB and SG backup to backup your database, so it doesn't trigger the database rebuild when you get a crash.

YuBobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok, obviously you have more knowledge but as I wrote, I didn't have any kp or crashes, jb works fine. I have done database rebuild by myself and at the moment of my first message here fresh pkg install hanged but at second attempt it installed fine. Everything seems ok with jb and pkg instalation. Only problem is that games won't start with ce-34878-0 error.

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, obviously you have more knowledge but as I wrote, I didn't have any kp or crashes, jb works fine. I have done database rebuild by myself and at the moment of my first message here fresh pkg install hanged but at second attempt it installed fine. Everything seems ok with jb and pkg instalation. Only problem is that games won't start with ce-34878-0 error.

Just wait it out, as it stated the exploit is experimental, you are just going to experience crash and database rebuild, beside the exploit is tether so everytime you shut off the unit, or it crash you need to reload hen, back to square one, that 10% success ratio. Since you never ran any stooged database backup, you are going to experience file corruption.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have done database rebuild by myself .....
That is your problem right there. That is what happens when you rebuild the database yourself from safe mode. Any fake pkgs will be removed from your home screen.
You should never rebuild the database yourself on a hacked console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The error you get when you try and start a game could be caused by mira. It is not compatable with all games.
Also are you sure they are fake pkg games and not retail that you are trying to install.

YuBobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You should never rebuild the database yourself on a hacked console.
Found it out myself in harder way :)

The error you get when you try and start a game could be caused by mira. It is not compatable with all games.
Also are you sure they are fake pkg games and not retail that you are trying to install.
Games are fake pkgs, tried only two by now, will try more later. Thanks.

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem is that games won't start with ce-34878-0 error.

An issue (https://github.com/OpenOrbis/mira-project/issues/61) has been opened up on Mira's github about this problem since May.

Seems it has to do with a certain instruction, but without that instruction homebrew is broken.

So it's kind of a catch 22.

Technically, you could fix this by:
  1. Making these changes to Mira.cpp (https://github.com/OpenOrbis/mira-project/commit/83ace6e549db666ccdaab20ad6ecfee5c4a5c029)
  2. Hosting that version of Mira
  3. Injecting that version after using the JB
But that's going to break homebrew.

Last edited by mattyxarope,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i noticed today that there's a ''Hall of Shame'', who are they? what have they done to deserve such dishonor?
They either steal other peoples work and try and make it look like ther own or they post fake information and videos like PS4 7.51 jailbreak e.t.c to try and get clickbait.

Adam512

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

This is one of the reasons why I wrote that it would be better first 7.02, more stable 7.02 :wub:

@KiiWii
BTW: If the user has FW version 6.72, how will he install the latest patch for that game (disc)? I feel like I read something about some local server for updates. This would definitely be a good reminder, because a lot of people want the latest update for the game.

(Maybe there is a special method to always get the latest updates for the game regardless of the FW version, but I'm not sure).

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the reasons why I wrote that it would be better first 7.02, more stable 7.02 :wub:

@KiiWii
BTW: If the user has FW version 6.72, how will he install the latest patch for that game (disc)? I feel like I read something about some local server for updates. This would definitely be a good reminder, because a lot of people want the latest update for the game.

(Maybe there is a special method to always get the latest updates for the game regardless of the FW version, but I'm not sure).

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/izofeu.30484/

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

@KiiWii

Yeah us the patches site to download compatible patches, manually install patch to your digital purchased game or disc using debug, and then dump your game with that update (separately) to archive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/kUTOYMV