[AIO] PS4 Exploit Guide

Discussion in 'PS4 - Tutorials' started by KiiWii, Mar 2, 2018.

1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    hmm...too bad for @Hayato213 , I accidentally updated his system while he was in the bathroom. I think I turned it off just in the nick of time (while it was updating), but now the system won't turn on. do you think he'll notice? :D

KiiWii likes this.
  2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Lmao, only if you find out where I live, mine ain't even connected to my network, completely offline. Got too many consoles to play with.

KiiWii and godreborn like this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you're in for a surprise next time you want to play god of war. :)

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I actually got a second PS4 for online gaming and God of War is on that system instead, nice try @godreborn :P

KiiWii likes this.
  5. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    I'm guessing webkit is sandboxed from userland? guess itexplains why no 6.20 kexploit is usable from the 5.05 kexploit if what you said about 5.05 still working theory @KiiWii

KiiWii likes this.
  6. Adam512

Adam512 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Czech Republic
    friend, three things.
    1) "unless you're running a legit system" ... Maybe I'm wrong, but every Sony system is legit(1.76 / 5.05 etc). There's no CFW yet, right?
    2) Thank you for new information about the new update.
    3) Maybe it just seems to me but you write lately less here on the forum, please do not leave the PS4 Scene.

KiiWii likes this.
  7. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    1, I mean running OFW legit online for PSN etc.

2, no problem :)

3, not a lot going on in PS4 scene, I haven’t written anything about mednafen, I got sent the beta a week ago but haven’t had time to test it. Markus has done some testing on twitter, it’s looking good :)

If/when I get info to share I normally do, it’s just slow recently :(

8. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    yeah, entry point patched.

9. webslingr

webslingr Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2019
    United States
    Hey KIWII...quick question.
    I've got a Pro on 5.50. Been avoiding updates...but now starting to think there's no benefit in that. Thinking if devs are waiting to release new JB, prolly will be at end of life-cycle and will JB the newest FW. So, is that what you're thinking?
    Believe I know the answer but figured I'd ask...maybe some new intel on your part??

KiiWii likes this.
  10. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    https://twitter.com/LightningMods_/status/1182088234450526208?s=20

webslingr likes this.
  11. Soulmonger

Soulmonger Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2019
    United States
    I am having some trouble with games that I have dumped not saving properly.

I have downloaded fpkg games before and they all function just fine. Recently I have been trying to dump a few games of my own and every one of them will not save or load properly. I followed the instructions for dumping the discs in this guide as well as the instructions for creating a fpkg from the dump. All goes well, it seems to dump properly, I am able to create an fpkg and able to install that fpkg onto my ps4, but as soon as I try to save or load it does nothing.

My most recent attempt is with dragon age inquisition, but I have also tried diablo 3, and mlb the show 18. All 3 games have the same result. Everything seems to work just fine, but they are unable to save or load data.

Anyone know what could be causing this and how I might go about fixing it?

12. fedepiola26

fedepiola26 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2019
    Argentina
    hi, my problem is with the ps vr, i have 5.05 and when I turn on the device ask me for update the system ps4 firmware and i choose update later the vr shutdown automatic, and when I load the payload vr enable or hen+vr the ps4 ask me for update firmware the ps vr to the 3.10 firmware (i have 4.10 psvr firmware) but never end, start and when is 0% show an error. what i have to do? please help me

13. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    @Soulmonger When you dump and repackage games you must include the 'Keystone' or your disk based saves will not work with your repackaged fpkg. Search for 'KEYSTONE INJECTION' in the guide.

@fedepiola26 Run Hen+VR or Henv2.1.1 first, then turn on your PSVR.

Last edited by Leeful, Oct 14, 2019
    KiiWii likes this.
  14. Soulmonger

Soulmonger Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2019
    United States

I don't have any saves from the disc. In fact I deleted all data before starting the process and after dumping the disc I deleted the data installed to the hdd before installing the fpkg I created.

Last edited by Soulmonger, Oct 14, 2019
  15. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    I have a problem with installing a couple of games like Dishonored 2, Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Undertale. When I install them, they don't appear anywhere like main menu or Library and if I go to Downloads and try to install them (they appear in the Downloads after install from Debug menu) it says it can't find the application.

I'm using Al Azif's DNS with FW 5.05 and tried HEN 2.1, HEN 2.0, HEN (which is 1.8 apparently) and MIRAN+HEN.

I've tried two different Dishonored 2 rips with the same results but I've installed 3 other games with no problem. I was wondering if this is a Region thing but I think PS4 is region free.

Thanks.

Last edited by test84, Oct 20, 2019
  16. ItsmeAJ

ItsmeAJ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    KiiWii likes this.
  17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    maybe check the app.db. it will show every app you've installed, so you can check if those games are even listed.

18. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  19. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    Problem was I was installing updates without games! D'oh.

I got a couple more questions:
    1) What does different payloads like HEN ones and Infinix or MIRA have to do with playing backups?
    2) How to undo loading a payload (to load or test another one)? Besides restarting.
    3) Why using the User's Guide loads a different website than the browser itself?
    4) I've installed a couple updates but I didn't had the game files for them installed. Are they wasting storage space now and if yes how to remove them.

Thanks!

Last edited by test84, Oct 21, 2019 - Reason: GBAtemp is different now!
  20. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    ftp into your ps4 or look in settings ;storage and see if you can find it there if you used app2usb and updates are on ext hdd you can just use a computer.
    don't think there's a payload to clear the mem besides restarting.
    just use hen.hen uses a free licence ;mira works with a fake licence

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted