[AIO] PS4 Exploit Guide

Discussion in 'PS4 - Tutorials' started by KiiWii, Mar 2, 2018.

1. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    BTW, for anyone that is paranoid about connecting his console to the internet but still want local Wi-Fi functionality (loading payloads from the laptop or the phone, using cheats through Android or windows apps).
    The solution to this is to just to make a fixed ip for the PS4 and block that ip in router's settings, being extra paranoid I went ahead and blocked my console Mac address (both Wi-Fi and LAN) under router settings. This way you get all the goodies of connecting to the network with ZERO worries.

Disappeaer, Leeful and KiiWii like this.
  2. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Thats exactly what I used to do. I used to have my Wi-Fi and Lan mac addresses blocked in my router settings. That way my PS4 had full access to my network but the PS4 could not get any access to the internet. If your router supports it, this is a great way of blocking the PS4's access to the internet.:)

HHFlyinG and KiiWii like this.
  3. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    Just thinking out loud here, what harm could one encounter keeping the PS4 always on rest mode while not in use instead of turning it off. I mean with so much improvement in the rest mode and u actually just hit da PS button and resume playing it's no hassle at all. ofc until u get a crash or a black screen.. other than that I mean. Any ideas?!

Leeful likes this.
  4. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    and yeah electricity bill is no problem lol. I'm just concerned about any harm to the console itself

Leeful likes this.
  5. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    In theory it should do no harm at all. That it what it is designed to do. It's just same as having your TV on standby.
    Of course it will use a little more electricity but if you don't mind that I don't see a problem.

Before I got heavily into modding and messing around with my PS4 I used to use rest mode for weeks at a time without ever having to run an exploit.
    It was like having a Hardmodded PS4.

EDIT:
    I never fully shut down my main PC. I always just use sleep mode and I have done that for years and years.

Last edited by Leeful, May 15, 2019
    KiiWii and HHFlyinG like this.
  6. HellaJvke

HellaJvke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    In your mind
    so if i have a hacked console on 5.05
    and i want to play... say sekiro or god of war
    on disc or backup

-i would not be able to because they are "newer" games and require 6.00+ patchings?
    or is there a work around so the console can support software that might require future updates...
    i had a jailbroken ps3 back in the day and enjoyed the process (though i used a bootstap android setup on my ipod touch to load the payload onto my ps3)

is it worth aquiring an old 5.05 ps4 from ebay for hacking and keeping my current ps4 for newer titles?
    id like to use my hacked console for vr titles
    and maybe use my current ps4 for online and newer titles

any suggestions or individuals who can describe the current state of their jailbroken ps4 content library would be appreciated
    esp before i spend 500$ this summer on this kind of project

7. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    God of War is playable on 5.05 (dont know about sekiro)

You are correct in saying that the newer games are not playable on a 5.05 because they require a higher version FW.
    Unfortunatly there is currently no workaround so the only way to play the latest games is by playing them on an updated FW console.

Any console with a FW version higher than 5.05 cannot currently be exploited. (5.07 is also ok)

If you want to play both old and new games your best option is like you mentioned, to have 2 consoles.
    One on FW 5.05 for homebrew and pirated games and another one updated to the latest FW for use with the latest games and to play online.

Last edited by Leeful, May 15, 2019
    HellaJvke likes this.
  8. Joelb

Joelb Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    France
    I'll have a question, so here, I'm a fan of the "Elite" series, including the last "Elite Dangerous" by David Braben.
    But the problem is that you have to be connected to the live to be able to play, yet there is a solo mode ... there is a posiblity to play in solo mode without being connected?

9. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Only if the binaries are susceptible to known NOPSN patterns. I tried with a few games (namely Star Trek bridge crew VR), and it didn’t work, yet Friday 13th did work.

10. Joelb

Joelb Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    France
    Thank you for the answer kiiwii .. so for now either I play with a ps4 with the latest update or I wait ........

KiiWii likes this.
  11. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Absolutely. I can get in touch with the NOPSN crew for you and see if they’re willing to take a look. If they are I will let you know.

Joelb, ItsmeAJ and RY0M43CH1Z3N like this.
  12. Joelb

Joelb Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    France
    Thank you kiiwii, if they can get around this problem of mandatory connections of live; while the solo game exists this squeezes nirvana !!

night_hawk likes this.
  13. night_hawk

night_hawk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2014
    Italy
    agreed. always wished to try it. unfortunately I don't have a gaming pc. hope they can get it to work

14. Joelb

Joelb Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    France
    night_hawk I meant for PS4 or XBOX ONE, but on PC it's the same thing.

15. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    The OpenOrbis team (mira) are working on a similar PSN bypass for 5.05 games too. I will ask around.

RY0M43CH1Z3N and kumikochan like this.
  16. Joelb

Joelb Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    France
    You give me the joy of believing it because this game where I will have to say simulation is fantastic, thank you kiiwii. :)

Last edited by Joelb, May 16, 2019
  17. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    Care to share (if possible) no debug hen version from SiSTRo? I hear it completely fix rest mode but removes debug settings which I have no use for except when installing Homebrew and or games.

18. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Check your DM's.

There is already a better payload than this in development, just wait a little longer ;)

HHFlyinG likes this.
  19. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    I can feel great things coming ahead in the scene. Yepp can definitely wait, Thank you :)

KiiWii likes this.
  20. sakalak

sakalak Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2013
    is this possible

Last edited by sakalak, May 17, 2019