NULL

[AIO] PS4 Exploit Guide

Discussion in 'PS4 - Tutorials' started by KiiWii, Mar 2, 2018.

1. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    It's kinda ready, just stalled. So games released in the last year or more can't be played on a hacked unit (whether you buy them or not) and releases of the hack seem to be unstable & so you probably don't want to keep updating that either. There is very little homebrew coming out for the ps4 as well.

2. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    Okay I have got to say this, I just spent da last two hours testing rest mode on with v2.0 on all most of my games. None crashed on me so far.. Knock on wood :D

Leeful likes this.
  3. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Thats good news but all games should be fine now because the 'game crashing on resume' part was fixed in HENv2.0. ( It's good that you tested a lot of games because it's always good to have more results:))
    Unfortunatly there is still 1 rest mode problem that still exists and that is the 'black screen on resume' issue.

I wrote this over on psxhax, I'll post it here aswell because it explains the problems with rest mode:

Regarding Rest Mode.
    Originally there were 2 main problems with rest mode.

Problem 1: Sometimes when you try and put the PS4 into rest mode it will not work correctly and it will result in a black screen when you resume.

Problem 2: If you entered rest mode (successfully) with a game running, that game would crash when you resumed from rest mode.

SiSTRo successfully fixed 'problem 2' with the release of HEN v2.0 but unfortunately 'problem 1' still exists and still needs to be fixed.

Here's a useful tip when using rest mode:
    When you put your PS4 into rest mode you can tell if it worked successfully by watching the LED pattern on the PS4.

Flashing White > Flashing Orange > Solid Orange = Rest mode WORKED and all will be good when you resume.
    Flashing White > Solid Orange = Rest mode FAILED and you will get a black screen on resume.

Here are a few games that used to crash instantly when you resumed from rest mode but now work because of the fix in HEN v2.0.
    Flockers, Worms Battlegrounds, Worms WMD. Any of these game are perfect candidates for anyone wanting to test rest mode because they usually fail instantly when you resume.

A small amount of games are not affected by the rest mode problem and work without the fix so it is not a good idea to test with theses games because it will give you a false positive when testing. One such game is 'Sonic Mania' and should not be used for testing purposes.

HHFlyinG likes this.
  4. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    Man u are spot on with this. I just experienced problem number one and it almost gave me a heart attack lol. I had to long press on da power button to turn off the PS4. Upon reopening I wasn't greeted with system error which u usually get when there's a kernel panic so that's good.

Leeful likes this.
  5. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    LOL. A lot of people get the 'black screen on resume' problem the first time they try rest mode and never try it again.
    They then think that it will not work everytime.

Its great that you and others are willing to try things out and post your results. :)

When using HENv2.0, If you come across any game that 'crashes' when resuming (not the blackscreen problem) please let us know because it might be useful in getting the other rest mode problem fixed.:)

Last edited by Leeful, May 13, 2019
    HHFlyinG likes this.
  6. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    Sure will do, thank you for the info. And yeah I get it why would ppl stop trying rest mode after dis black screen. However not me as it's always been "Curiosity is a bitch" for me. Cheers

Leeful likes this.
  7. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Masterzorag has smashed it with a tricked out custom Linux installation incoming:

https://twitter.com/masterzorag/status/1128014507983364098?s=21

8. Voxel

Voxel Schleep

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    As soon as I've just turned my PS4 on to try the new HEN and Linux out, I suddenly seem to have hit a snag with the Al Azif DNS...
    I've had the exact 2 DNSs from the OP set up since I bought my 5.05 PS4 a few months ago, and it genuinely hasn't failed on me ever until now. Basically, when I clear the existing cache and go to the User's Guide option in settings, it will just constantly keep loading the official user's guide and doesn't direct to the exploit host anymore. Haven't a clue at all why it's doing it; I haven't messed with any wifi router setttings, neither any settings on the PS4, apart from toggling the internet connection on and off to get the latest stuff. Tried clearing my cache and web data from the browser app too, to no avail still. :/

9. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by KiiWii, May 14, 2019
    Voxel likes this.
  10. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Working here also. Also tried on my PS4 and it works for me.
    Try pressing options and then refresh in the userguide.

Have you checked 'View connection status' in networks settings and checked that the dns settings are still there?

Last edited by Leeful, May 14, 2019
    Voxel and KiiWii like this.
  11. Voxel

Voxel Schleep

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for helping me again guys. And yeah I know, I just tested them on my PC too.
    Well I tried both redoing my connection entirely and hitting refresh in the user guide that still pops up, but it's still not loading...
    I'll try restarting my PS4, but if that doesn't work, are there any other things I could try? Could restoring all my settings to default or reinstalling the firmware help in any way?

Edit: sorry Leeful, I didn't see your edit. Yeah, the DNS settings do show up correctly when viewing the connection status.

Last edited by Voxel, May 14, 2019
    Leeful and KiiWii like this.
  12. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    @Voxel Is it actually loading the official userguide page or is it just the address in the top bar?

13. Voxel

Voxel Schleep

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    It's loading the proper official user guide:

By the way, a restart didn't do any magic, so I think I'm running out of ideas

14. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I only see this if I delete the DNS’s.

Perhaps try connect to a different network (maybe a phone or laptop as hotspot?) and manually (and meticulously) enter all the settings again.

Leeful likes this.
  15. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Thats bad news. That means the dns addresses are not being used so sony servers are not being blocked.

If you have run the update blocker in the past you should be safe from updates but keep an eye on your notifications and if you see an update being downloaded, stop it and delete it before it finishes.

All I can suggest is setting up your network connection again from scratch but It seems like you have already done that.

KiiWii likes this.
  16. Voxel

Voxel Schleep

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Ah, I've found a loophole for now. If I just go to the exploit host directly from the browser app, it's kept the contents that I cached fully offline, and I was able to run HEN on it fine.

Another thing though (sorry for the bombardment of big questions), I haven't had any notifications telling me that I've downloaded an update, but when I try to run any game after running HEN, it'll tell me to "Update the system software to use network features". I do remember having this at one point, but I don't actually remember how I got rid of it. Google results are telling me that I should FTP into the PS4 somewhere and delete an update file that's supposedly downloaded (even though I know that's not what I did. Is there some up-to-date way of getting rid of it?)

17. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @Voxel definitely do not click update now lol.

Click update later. That’s a byproduct of the dns not being set properly afaik.

Leeful and Voxel like this.
  18. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Instead of using FTP you can use 'Disable Updates' in alazif host. This will both delete an update file if it has been downloaded and block future update files from being downloaded.

If you are using a cached host menu the safest thing for you to do at the moment would be to go to Settings > Network and UNCheck 'Connect to the Internet' That way you know you are not connected to the internet and more importantly Sony Servers.

KiiWii likes this.
  19. Voxel

Voxel Schleep

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I did it! Your idea of using my phone as a hotspot worked great! :P
    I don't know why, but the DNSs actually worked as they should under the hotspot. Maybe I will go and take a trip to my router settings and see if something's up.

At any rate, I managed to cache everything offline again - into the user guide this time - and HEN 2.0 + Disable updates payload worked wonders. No more update nag either!
    And of course, I did toggle my internet off again. Been doing that from the very start. I'm very very paranoid about updates as well lol.

Thank you both again for the help! My router stuff will probably be too specific and beyond the scope of this, so I think I should be fine dealing with that myself. ^_^ Or better yet, it might even resolve itself. Either way, I never enable wifi on my PS4 at all under normal circumatances apart from this very rare moment of me updating payloads and stuff again.

KiiWii and Leeful like this.
  20. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glad you found a solution:) and as you said its probably something to do with your router settings.
    Look for something related to DNS or DHCP in your settings.

KiiWii likes this.
NULL