[AIO] PS4 Exploit Guide

Discussion in 'PS4 - Tutorials' started by KiiWii, Mar 2, 2018.

1. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  2. marek256

marek256 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Slovakia
    Hey buddy. Sorry to bother but I have to tell you that I really love your web-design of the exploit with the spinning "o" in "Loading", instead of the classic web-design of the exploit with spinning circle.
    I am a kind collector and I try to keep all HENs and HEN-VRs for 5.05 just in case that some works better with some games. I just wanted to ask if you would be so kind and to recreate the HEN 1.6, 1.7 and HEN-VR 1.6 (you actually made a payload for me per my request on other forum) and HEN-VR 1.7 in your web-design? I love it a lot! Thanks in advance.
    P.S. I have all bins if needed

Leeful and KiiWii like this.
  3. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @marek256 I will also include these in X-Project, as I was thinking yesterday about payloads that people prefer might not necessarily be the latest ones.

However I have to say the current hen 1.8+VR is perfection and has not caused me any issues yet at all.

scott902, Leeful and marek256 like this.
  4. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Dupe post.

Last edited by KiiWii, Jan 10, 2019 at 9:03 PM
  5. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    Not quite sure what you need. If you like I can do a one off version for you with a drop down menu for HEN with v1.5 , v1.6, v1.7 & v1.8 and the same for HEN+VR.

KiiWii likes this.
  6. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I think he wants every version of HEN rather than just the latest.

Leeful likes this.
  7. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    I wasnt sure if he wanted them all included the host menu or a seperate standalone html page for each exploit.

KiiWii likes this.
  8. marek256

marek256 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Slovakia
    Hello,
    sorry I think I have not expressed myself well, probably because of a language barrier. Well, basically, if you run 5.05 exploit with a payload included, the regular thing you see in your web-browser while the exploiting process is on is the blue running circle which ends with the done message. You somehow made some magic and instead of classic blue circle you use some web teplate with spinning letter "o" in the word loading and I like it a lot. I extracted your last host pack and "stole" HEN 1.8 and HEN-VR 1.8 with this spinning "o" web-template. All I wanted is if you could do the same for all older HEN and HEN-VR versions because I still prefer your HEN-VR 1.6 as the most stable exploit so far but all I have is in the "boring" spinning circle web design. I hope I have expressed myself clearer. Sorry for mistakes, I can see that you are native English spoken person.
    //EDIT: I forgot to say that all I need is standalone html files for each HEN and HEN-VR and I will upload it to my ESP device

Last edited by marek256, Jan 10, 2019 at 9:38 PM
  9. RyoX9

RyoX9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    i dont have a tv atm, can i use ps4 5.05 on psvr instead and run hen? since when i connect ps vr to ps4 it asks me to update which i cannot bypass unless i run hen or disconnect psvr.
    Btw i dont know what will happen if i update by connecting psvr (will it update console or just vr firmware) so i have not bothered.

Last edited by RyoX9, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:08 AM
  10. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    What happens when you turn on the console (obvs without tv connected) and then turn on the PSVR immediately and look into the PSVR Does it ask for update?

You can play the console in general through the PSVR; I have played tekken 3 through it recently using the large screen settings to make it like 150” looking imax-ish mode.
    (I do have a tv connected and I did run HEN+VR first).

Was pretty cool :)

11. RyoX9

RyoX9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Yes it ask for update.

12. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Then I think you have answered your own question.

13. RyoX9

RyoX9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    When i switch both on ps4+vr it asks me to update and when i select update later the vr display goes off, i dont know what will happen if i select update as im on 5.05, so question is how am i suppose to l run hen+vr when display goes off after selecting update later? And i dont have a tv.

Attached Files:

14. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    DayVeeBoi is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    What? This is awesome. I have used PSVR, but at an acquaintances and didn't get to mess around with it, just played a few bunk mini-games.
    Is this something the game has to support, or is it a built-in function of the system? I had absolutely no interest in PSVR until you posted this. I used to use this app with my phone and one of those cheap headsets to watch movies like that (it sort of looks like you're in a theatre), it was really nice way to watch a movie. I'm going to start looking for one (second-hand or refurb-ed).

15. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hmm, if yo update your VR it will still ask for an update (I think).

I will test on mine... hold on..

@DayVeeBoi its system wide :)

I run hen + VR 1.8, turn on VR, go to system devices and vr settings set screen size to large (s/m/l) and go back and play any game. its obviously not 3d effect or "vr" but its like having a massive screen in front of you in the goggles. Tekken 3 is great though it lol.

Separately you can use littlstar to sideload 3d / 180 / 360 vr movies through it or regular movies and specify fixed frame etc in the file names to get different effects.

EDIT: @RyoX9 I just turned my console on, removed the HDMI to the TV, turned on the VR, plugged in the USB and it works fine, no update nag.

Perhaps remove the usb before turning on VR is the solution?

EDIT 2: just found out my PSVR V2 kit is 3.10 FW, I thought it was higher.

EDIT 3: I tested all fully connected and it works regardless for me. It must be your PSVR version. can you remember if its 4.10 or lower?

Last edited by KiiWii, Jan 11, 2019 at 2:21 PM
  16. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    Yeah this is exactly what I meant. I like to watch movies that way, I bet it's awesome for gaming. I don't really care about 3D or VR, I can't play it too long. I would use this pretty regularly if I had it. I don't often play games with other people (it's what I do when I'm relaxing by myself) and if I did, it's not likely to happen on a ps4 (I have a Switch and Wii U if I wanna play couch co-op). Thanks for the heads-up!

17. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    No problem mate :)

It's pretty handy when the missus is watching some junk on TV and i want to test some junk on PS4 :P

I just tested it and you don't even need the camera set up for non PSVR games. I can use web browser, watch films and play regular games like PS2 games, PSN and PS4 games (just tested snake pass and burnout paradise to be sure). I have just removed the cable (3) that goes to the TV, but you could just turn off the TV, or change the channel :)

PSVR games require the camera to set up tracking, regular games and PS4 use doesn't.

Last edited by KiiWii, Jan 11, 2019 at 2:33 PM
  18. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    Ha ha Snake Pass. The last game I preordered, there'll be no more of that shit for me! Cool, thanks for all the good information (all the time) my friend!

Edit: TBC, Snakes Pass is fun, just not $90 CAD fun, for those of you wondering

Last edited by DayVeeBoi, Jan 11, 2019 at 2:25 PM
    KiiWii likes this.
  19. RyoX9

RyoX9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    My psvr version is 4.00, tried removing usb before turning on vr and still stuck with update, seems like i need tv to run hen vr and then turning on vr.

20. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hmm, perhaps, borrow a tv, load hen, and use the rest mode method to never turn off the console ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or buy the cheapest hdmi tv possible.

RyoX9 likes this.
  21. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Waffles from xlink Kai has found a new method for LAN play on PS4 using soft AP (and switch and Xbox one), this means only requiring a single wireless adaptor and WITHOUT promiscuous mode, for WIN7+

Source: https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=240553

Last edited by KiiWii, Jan 11, 2019 at 4:06 PM