• Replies 21,812
  • Likes 178

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@developer58 you should ask your question here again so the right people can help you with that
he asked me in a dm. he got the debug settings to appear via modifying the app.db, but I think he's wanting the menu where it shows space free, ip, cex/dex, etc. to appear at all times. I personally think it's in a self file, not easily doable.

Reactions: rantex92

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a file called scecore.self on the ps4. it's essentially the equivalent of the vsh.self on the ps3. in fact, it's in the vsh folder (forgot the partition). I think that's the file that controls say apollo and save mounter for save decryption, among other things. that might be the most likely file that controls that menu, unless it's done by an app. very dangerous to mess with it if you don't know what you're doing. though, on the ps3, you can delete the vsh.self and still recover iirc. it probably won't perm brick based on that, but I wouldn't test it.

Reactions: KiiWii and rantex92

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
he asked me in a dm. he got the debug settings to appear via modifying the app.db, but I think he's wanting the menu where it shows space free, ip, cex/dex, etc. to appear at all times. I personally think it's in a self file, not easily doable.
same here

i didnt know you could do something like that its a littlebit over my head so i pointed him to this thread

i thought he was trying to do somekind of coldboot "hack" but that would be impossible even if he could manage to do a shortcut to the debugsettings

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here

i didnt know you could do something like that its a littlebit over my head so i pointed him to this thread

i thought he was trying to do somekind of coldboot "hack" but that would be impossible even if he could manage to do a shortcut to the debugsettings
I told him to post on the boards, but he said he did, and the post was ignored or something. I saw his post earlier today, and dinohscene closed it upon developer's request, so maybe he found what he was looking for? I think he likes modding the home screen, just like I liked that on the ps3. I haven't done much modding on ps4 considering some mods, like some of the ones for the app.db, cause problems for some reason.

Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I told him to post on the boards, but he said he did, and the post was ignored or something. I saw his post earlier today, and dinohscene closed it upon developer's request, so maybe he found what he was looking for? I think he likes modding the home screen, just like I liked that on the ps3. I haven't done much modding on ps4 considering some mods, like some of the ones for the app.db, cause problems for some reason.
last time i modded menus where the good old psp days since then i never looked into that topic again

Reactions: godreborn

developer58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, you can add the debug settings app on the ps4 interface you will still need to modify the app.db it remains on the ps4 it is a shortcut but that is not what I want I wanted to recover the files from the info panel in the LM pkg for the info panel like the testkit or the devkit on the left I don't know where to find them in the files

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
to the person I was speaking with about compiling super mario 64 for the ps4, someone on discord told me that you could install a lower version of llvm than the clang version, but there are issues the other way around. I've asked on a site how it was compiled, but no one has responded to the thread since 2020.

I have an idea I want to test, to look at the wiki and see in which year wich version of clang and llvm were released and then look at the sm64 github date and use the versions that were available when he used orbis 5.0

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea I want to test, to look at the wiki and see in which year wich version of clang and llvm were released and then look at the sm64 github date and use the versions that were available when he used orbis 5.0
I already tried that. though, I've been trying through cmd prompt, which may not work. however, I did try through msys2. it had the same error. I didn't really bother in debian.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, it's a different error in debian, but I think it's the same error you get:

1657024477846.png

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
okay, it's a different error in debian, but I think it's the same error you get:

View attachment 316746

Yep, that's the error I got, I found that you can modify the makefile and replace tbe fuse-init-array with the newer one and it will get past that error.

But this means you have clang 11 or newer

Edit: just search the fuse-init-array in the makefile and replace it with fno-use-init-array and see if it works

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I swear, it just doesn't want to work, if you solve an error, another one appears. Never had this one on linux on ps4

Attachments

• damn mario.png
    damn mario.png
    319.2 KB · Views: 5

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear, it just doesn't want to work, if you solve an error, another one appears. Never had this one on linux on ps4
I'm using my arch linux distro for this one. I've downgraded both clang and llvm. the problem is that it has to be version 10 to get past that error, but then this happens:

[[email protected] sm64-port]$ make TARGET_PS4=1 pkg
clang++ -cc1 -x c -triple x86_64-scei-ps4-elf -munwind-tables -std=c11 -ffreestanding -nostdinc++ -nobuiltininc -fno-builtin -nostdsysteminc -stack-protector 0 -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wfatal-errors -Ips4/memory -I/include -I/include/orbis/_types -Ideps/include -DTARGET_PS4 -DORBIS -D_BSD_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -pthread -fuse-init-array -emit-obj -O2 -I include -I build/us_ps4 -I build/us_ps4/include -I src -I . -DVERSION_US -DF3DEX_GBI_2E -DNO_SEGMENTED_MEMORY -O2 -I include -I build/us_ps4 -I build/us_ps4/include -I src -I . -D_LANGUAGE_C -DVERSION_US -DNON_MATCHING -DAVOID_UB -DENABLE_OPENGL -DWIDESCREEN -DF3DEX_GBI_2E -o build/us_ps4/src/engine/behavior_script.o src/engine/behavior_script.c
In file included from src/engine/behavior_script.c:1:
include/ultra64.h:4:10: fatal error: 'math.h' file not found
#include <math.h>
^~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make: *** [Makefile:848: build/us_ps4/src/engine/behavior_script.o] Error 1
[[email protected] sm64-port]$

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using my arch linux distro for this one. I've downgraded both clang and llvm. the problem is that it has to be version 10 to get past that error, but then this happens:

[[email protected] sm64-port]$ make TARGET_PS4=1 pkg
clang++ -cc1 -x c -triple x86_64-scei-ps4-elf -munwind-tables -std=c11 -ffreestanding -nostdinc++ -nobuiltininc -fno-builtin -nostdsysteminc -stack-protector 0 -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wfatal-errors -Ips4/memory -I/include -I/include/orbis/_types -Ideps/include -DTARGET_PS4 -DORBIS -D_BSD_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -pthread -fuse-init-array -emit-obj -O2 -I include -I build/us_ps4 -I build/us_ps4/include -I src -I . -DVERSION_US -DF3DEX_GBI_2E -DNO_SEGMENTED_MEMORY -O2 -I include -I build/us_ps4 -I build/us_ps4/include -I src -I . -D_LANGUAGE_C -DVERSION_US -DNON_MATCHING -DAVOID_UB -DENABLE_OPENGL -DWIDESCREEN -DF3DEX_GBI_2E -o build/us_ps4/src/engine/behavior_script.o src/engine/behavior_script.c
In file included from src/engine/behavior_script.c:1:
include/ultra64.h:4:10: fatal error: 'math.h' file not found
#include <math.h>
^~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make: *** [Makefile:848: build/us_ps4/src/engine/behavior_script.o] Error 1
[[email protected] sm64-port]$

Yeah I also had that error when trying to compile it on arch linux but I don't remember how I made it continue after, since there was a way to solve it

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Using openorbis 0.5.2 gives me another error which I can't seem to resolve. I mean, everytime I figure out a solution, another error appears, it's like playing cat and mouse :sad:

Attachments

• mario almost.jpg
    mario almost.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 4
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Yeah might as well just invest $10 in a good set