• Replies 21,796
  • Likes 178

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to whomever I was talking with about compiling super mario 64 on the ps4, I think the problem is the llvm+clang version. it's hard to say what version could've been used with no real information. I think open orbis 0.5 was used.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
to whomever I was talking with about compiling super mario 64 on the ps4, I think the problem is the llvm+clang version. it's hard to say what version could've been used with no real information. I think open orbis 0.5 was used.
I was the one who couldn't compile it. In the ports github he says he used orbis 5.0 but even with that it doesn't compile. As you say, llvm+clang version is the unknown variable that might make it compile if we knew the version. I read somewhere that they chenged something in later clang version, something about fuse_array if I remember

Edit: Found the thing I was talking about

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-103230_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-103230_Firefox.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 5

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was the one who couldn't compile it. In the ports github he says he used orbis 5.0 but even with that it doesn't compile. As you say, llvm+clang version is the unknown variable that might make it compile if we knew the version. I read somewhere that they chenged something in later clang version, something about fuse_array if I remember
I think the problem might actually be with the gcc version. the error doesn't seem to change with different llvm versions. and, I discovered that one out of scope error is part of gcc. I think it's gcc 6.5.0, but it's a major pita to get installed.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the problem might actually be with the gcc version. the error doesn't seem to change with different llvm versions. and, I discovered that one out of scope error is part of gcc. I think it's gcc 6.5.0, but it's a major pita to get installed.
In theory it should be possible if you use clang 10 or below and llvm13, since that is the version clang asks for

Attachments

• 20220526_222631.jpg
    20220526_222631.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will Gran Turismo 7 (although with online save, i know) also be available soon? Or is its FW requirement too high (I think it is 9.04)?

subworx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will Gran Turismo 7 (although with online save, i know) also be available soon? Or is its FW requirement too high (I think it is 9.04)?
It can be backported, but to my knowledge pretty much everytthing there is bound to being online, the game is mostly unplayable offline.

Reactions: KiiWii

PopperTop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GT7 is 9.03 and has been dumped in private, there's an archive unpack tool for it released by Flatz.

Who knows when it'll be released but the game will be pretty worthless if there's no debug menu or a save game with all tracks and cars unlocked. As I believe they've locked it even further behind the online servers compared to GT Sport. 🤮

Reactions: jnl1

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
it seems that the ego is a big problem for some ps4 sceners. What a lack. But who cares that kind of ppl, finally all will be reached, by one way, or another.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
1.04 patch with it too. that's a 9.51.

ps4 scene going old school. these youngsters could use a little of this

I had to inject avplayer to fix the cutscenes not playing just skipping so im not sure if this injection works on 6.72+ as i dont have one to test.

damn that's some extracting movies and downsampling then reinserting them to fit a 800MB CD level stuff going on

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so back4blood 1.08 a 9.60 patch as now been released. Wish that we could know how its done so we could do our own patches etc.
I know how it's done, but it's complicated and I'm not an expert on it. You essentially use a disassembler. Unfortunately, that's one thing I hate about the scenes, mostly the Playstation ones. Some information just isn't shared. I don't believe any knowledge should be hidden or restricted, but that's just me.

Reactions: rantex92

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know how it's done, but it's complicated and I'm not an expert on it. You essentially use a disassembler. Unfortunately, that's one thing I hate about the scenes, mostly the Playstation ones. Some information just isn't shared. I don't believe any knowledge should be hidden or restricted, but that's just me.
You cannot decrypt encrypted binaries with a disassembler. Someone out there is passing decrypted content to these teams. No doubt in my mind.

Reactions: rantex92
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Your username is pretty close to @The Real Jdbye