• Replies 21,997
  • Likes 178

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's all what I've learned thus far.

1. You can't update the PS2-FPKG to use the same title ID for each of the games. While they all actually end up with different FPKG names, they try to install over each other.
2. You can make a multi-disk package, but the games were not designed to hotswap, so it never stops loading from the first disc
3. It is very easy to actually add save files to those virtual memory cards. I use MyMCR to add a save file from my actual PS2 memory card.

The only way I can see this working is if the PS4's native operating system supports symlinking. The idea would be for every memory card for Parts 2, 3, and 4, you'd delete, and then create a symlinked file that points to part 1. The games, when reading the memory card, would know the difference and just use a shared card. But I don't know enough about PS4's OS to know whether it supports symlinking.
afaik, app2usb uses symlinking. I don't know how you'd get it to work with a save though. this may be possible through linux, but I'm not really sure. I don't use linux on the ps4, but that's the only way I can think of.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
another 9.03 game apparently dumped/backported? Sifu Base + 1.06

Update 1.06 was the last to be 9.03, after that it was all 9.04

If this is like Trueblue stuff where someone out there has access to dumping these 9.0X games and we just wait around like peons then bring on the Swap Magic again. We're going old school.

acesmokemall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
🔥
Andy will present a new attack vector and a firmware-agnostic ROP-less exploit on both PS4 and PS5 in his talk:

acesmokemall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New talk but it's about the same exploit. Might go into more details about certain things but who knows. Chances are it'll be the same as the other talk he gave when he announced it.
Hmm my guess would be something new will be explained says a new attack vector prob will be the same talk with something small added that he didn't include from the first talk maybe the PS5 part he wouldn't disclose at the time
🤔

acesmokemall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm my guess would be something new will be explained says a new attack vector prob will be the same talk with something small added that he didn't include from the first talk maybe the PS5 part he wouldn't disclose at the time
🤔
Maybe we will get something I think the new tak is in the middle of October? that would be a whole year from when he spoke hed got debug on PS5 hmm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: https://twitter.com/Rubberduckcooly/status/1559319321850941440