fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Been a while since i had a DS and wasn't really looking to get one. I bought an SP the other day so I could play my fav games of all time Marioworld 1 and 2 anywhere I want. I then bought a EZ4 Mini SD + 1GB Kingston Mini SD. Fair enough

Then my girlfriend comes home with 2x DL lite!!
wtf.gif
Pink for her and black for me. So now I'm selling my SP and want a DS cart but I also want/need GBA support.

I'm torn between..

G6 Real/M3S/R4 and keeping the EZ4 for GBA (but it sticks out)
EZ5 + 3in1 and selling the EZ4 (3in1 seems really slow if I want to be switching between GBA games)
Selling EZ4 and getting an EZ4 deluxe + one of the 3 Slot1 cards above

I just keep going back and forth through all the stores and i cant decide.. Out of all the slot1 cards i think i like the G6 Real the most so far.

What would you do? LOL
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Hehe .. The lite is still really expensive though.

I keep trying to tell myself "Just keep the EZ4 you have. GBA games are meant to stick out" lol

--

EZ4 Lite Deluxe + G6 DS Real 8Gbits = $113 CAD Shipped (Bambogaming)

Could prolly sell the EZ4 + 1GB Mini SD for about $60 or $70 around here (In town)

So thats $53 CAD + A cheap 512 MicroSD

Not bad i guess

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried gameyeeeah.com?
G6 real is alright but the lack of expandable memory is a big turnoff for me
just pay a little bit extra and get a good memory card for laggy games

gameyeeeah.com is VERY cheap but the fact that every order over $50 HAS to use DHL delivery kinda kills any saving you mightve had

the R4 = $36
G6 Real = $60
EZF4 deluxe = $40
EZ 3in1 = $22

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How long to flash a game under 16MB? Id be switching from all the Mario Advance games daily.
I timed it just now, a 4MB game (SMB3) took 36 seconds to flash to NOR. Using the power of math, we can determine that a 16MB game would take just under 2 1/2 minutes, and a 32MB game would take a bit less than 5 minutes.

It takes 15 seconds to load a 16MB game into PSRAM.

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm .. thats sucks.

How much PSRAM does it have? I rarely play a GBA game bigger then 128mbit. I'm guessing you can choose between PSRAM and NOR .. but can you set it to always use PSRAM?

It would be prefect if you could use the 256mbit like a real cart and just flash all 4 Mario Advance games to it. Iduno why EZ team didn't think of this.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It has 16MB (128Mbits) of PSRAM. The 3in1 Expansion pack tool has a PSRAM mode and a NOR mode. You can use whichever mode you want, whenever you want, except for games that won't fit in the PSRAM, or games that use 1024Kbit saves. Those have to be flashed to NOR.

Small games like the Mario Advance series load into PSRAM very quickly. A 4MB game loads in about 4 seconds, maybe slightly less.

EDIT: Keep in mind that you'll need a slot 1 cart with full DLDI support if you want to use the 3-in-1, so the G6 Real is not an option at the moment.

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like its basically an EZ4 but using the EZ5s SD card instead of its own. Thanks for the info man. Looks like I will go for that deal i posted above.

Now all i need to do is find a buyer for my SP and EZ4/SD Card
tongue.gif

EDIT: Yup .. I'll prolly just get the EZ5. Maybe R4...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like its basically and EZ4 but using the EZ5s SD card instead of its own.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is.

One more thing you should know: If you want to be able to run games from PSRAM, you HAVE to use the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. The EZ-V's built in 3-in-1 stuff won't do it.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Don't dismiss the SCDS has features none the other carts have, and also has equal compatbilty with r4/ez5.

If you would like 'realtime' features like AR/Dipstar cheats with no slow-down, then SCDS is you're only choice.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool works as a GBA game/save manager on any slot 1 cart that has full DLDI support.

It can only enable rumble or the web browser RAM expansion on the R4, M3 Simply or DSLink, but the EZ-V will do that stuff automatically anyway.

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not really worried about rumble.. It sounds horrible. If you cannot turn it off i will be disconnecting it in the cart
tongue.gif

Thanks for the info guys .. Although I still cant make up my mind lol. I have at least decided to sell the EZ4 when it gets here.

EZ4 Deluxe plus G6 Real still sounds like the best IMO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn