Gaming Ahhh, Finally! 3 RLOD on a NEW 360 elite :(

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just packed mine into it's return coffin... when I get it back that will be No 6.......... That said, at least this one lasted a year.....
dry.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
spas said:
Dam squirt that sounds shitty, I am doing a xclamp fix on a friends soon its a 05 model so its not likely to work again
frown.gif

The new arcade model has sorted out all the problems, so I have heard but I don't blame you for moving over to the ps3, I guess some people are unlucky!
You're lucky, currently. The 05-06 ones are the easiest to repair, in my experience.

Strangely, I've noticed that the Zephyr and Falcon are even worse build-quality-wise. They've converted the (H)ANA chip to BGA, and I can assure you that most of the problems are caused from the BGA method they use. It's SO prone to failing.

Oh well, seeing a Jasper confirmed my hunch that they haven't really done anything to prevent RRODs and that they're probably willingly using them as a scare tactic against pirates.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Oh well, seeing a Jasper confirmed my hunch that they haven't really done anything to prevent RRODs and that they're probably willingly using them as a scare tactic against pirates.
well they lowered the die size on both the GPU and CPU
and that does lowers power consumption and heat genertation

however with the architecture so bad and poor heat sink and cooling system, I guess it didnt help much at all
the whole thing needs to be re-designed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol