Hacking Agent Hugo Hula Holiday Region = 'X'?

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Everyone,

I have a copy of Agent Hugo Hula Holiday and when I use WiiScrubber it states the Region to be 'X'?. Not sure what this means. Any other game has always come up with PAL or on the odd ocassion NTSC (I try only ever have PAL as I have PAL Wii).

I use a WiiKey v2 and am on the legit version of 4.0 for the Wii. The game loads and seems to run fine from my limited testing but I was just mroe curious about the region
smile.gif

I used WiiFrii just to have a play to see if I could get a recognisable region (even though I know it would not work on my Wii) but still showed as 'X'? when I tried changing it from say an NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC etc.

More curious than anything else and also hoping the strange Region does not mean anything too serious.....

hilo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ASCII Hex Region

A 41 All regions. System channels like the Mii channel use it.

D 44 German-speaking regions. Only if separate versions exist, e.g. Zelda: A Link to the Past

E 45 USA and other NTSC regions except Japan

F 46 French-speaking regions. Only if separate versions exist, e.g. Zelda: A Link to the Past.

J 4A Japan

K 4B Korea

L 4C PAL/World?

P 50 Europe, Australia and other PAL regions

Q 51 Korea with Japanese language.

T 54 Korea with English language.

X 58 Not a real region code. Homebrew Channel uses it, though.

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answer - appreciated.

So how does a game get a region code of 'X'?

Is this something that someone would have had to do or is this game just made like that? Did someone have to change it to this region code? I do not have homebrew channel installed and I was under the belief that this was the PAL version of the game - though as stated before it works fine.

Thanks again for the previous answer.

smallguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually 'X' is used commonly in both DS and Wii games which are localized for Scandinavian countries.
These games typically contains English, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish (and sometimes also Finnish).
This Hugo game is one of them. Other examples are de Blob (R6BX) and Harry Potter And
The Order Of The Phoenix (R5PX).

Scene release 1024 Agent Hugo: Hula Holiday (R3HX) have scandinavian languages
and scene release 1116 Agent Hugo: Hula Holiday (R3HP) have Portugues, Spanish etc.

Same thing with another Hugo game Agent Hugo: Lemoon Twist (RHGP/RHGX) and so on.

WiiScrubber seems not to handle this properly.

smallguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant that because it displays 'X'? it seems to mean that 'X' has not been taken
into account when application was implemented. Proper handling should display
"Region: Scandinavian". I cannot say if this affects to any other behaviour of WiiScrubber
or data handling or whatever. Also vc.exe seems not to "know" the meaning of letter 'X'.

And SDUSBLoader (v1.5) via Wii menu forwarders has some problems to start region 'X' games.
I cannot manage to launch R6BX78 even others are OK (but now going badly over the topic here...)

Summary: All tools are not (yet) supporting properly region 'X' (i.e. scandinavian) games.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
take this issue over to the ultimate or configurable loader threads,
it may be that the 4th letter is being used to set the video-mode.
so they would just need to add a line like [if region = "X" then region == "P"]

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
steve-p said:
take this issue over to the ultimate or configurable loader threads,
it may be that the 4th letter is being used to set the video-mode.
so they would just need to add a line like [if region = "X" then region == "P"]

The region is set using disc magic, the region code in the title is just a convention, like using R for disc based games, the Wii doesn't care either way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work