Age restrictions??

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like for, say, the politics, world news, and current events section. Everyone has opinions and that’s fine, but it may be better to see educated opinions and not just regurgitating text and phrases. Maybe 18 and over? Like a concert, an enjoyable concert. Or maybe you have to be level 6 to get in. Something to regulate entry. We don’t need to see a 50 year old person try to explain their rational to an eleven year old. Even though I’m sure it happens a lot.

Reactions: rvtr

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
imo, the politics section is pointless. no one is going to be able to see eye to eye with anyone else. they may try to persuade the person or attack them -- either way it's not happening. you know what they say about politics and religion.
The whole point of the politics section is to keep all the flaming hot garbage out of the other sections and contained in one area that's easy for everyone to avoid. Wouldn't matter if we had a politics section or not, those threads would still be made elsewhere and the same people would be shitposting.

As to the age restriction, I don't think that's necessary. As noted, the section was created to keep all the BS in one spot that's easy for everyone else to avoid, making it a restricted section would simply make those users who don't reach the requirements post their opinions elsewhere if they're so inclined. If you just can't bear all the "regurgitated text and phrases", perhaps it's best if you simply stay out of the political section instead of asking for a restriction for everyone else.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's how I have mine setup. you can block the politics section from appearing in new posts in your profile settings. however, I still see some politics stuff appear as blogs, which I don't have blocked.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole point of the politics section is to keep all the flaming hot garbage out of the other sections and contained in one area that's easy for everyone to avoid. Wouldn't matter if we had a politics section or not, those threads would still be made elsewhere and the same people would be shitposting.

As to the age restriction, I don't think that's necessary. As noted, the section was created to keep all the BS in one spot that's easy for everyone else to avoid, making it a restricted section would simply make those users who don't reach the requirements post their opinions elsewhere if they're so inclined. If you just can't bear all the "regurgitated text and phrases", perhaps it's best if you simply stay out of the political section instead of asking for a restriction for everyone else.
Fair enough. That all makes sense. Thanks for the insight. :)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can just imagine how much shit gets reported in that section alone. if you've ever reported a post, it says not to report a post if you disagree with someone or someone pissed you off (within reason). I'm assuming it's happened many times in the politics section (probably other sections as well).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi