Gaming Age OF Empires:Mythologies - HELP THREAD!

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hey everyone,

Since i got this game on my R4 , i have been playing a lot. I have finished the Egyptian Campaign and The Greek one and many of the Scenarios.

Basically this thread is , so you can ask question and get tips and get help in any Part of the game, I will help and others will too..

Some of the missions take upto even 2 hours to complete and i am pretty sure the 3rd mission on the Greek campaign will take 3 hours +

!--------------------Now my tips-------------!

1. Really use your types of Forces well, Ie- Use "Heroes" against " Myth " units and so on, Because this really matters a lot when you get a bit later in the game..

2. Be aware of your terrain , as with out you knowing some terrains can do a lot of difference ..so always check which terrain is doing what!

3. Dont be too eager to use your god powers and only use if you have too, as i have found out that i use them too early and then at the end i really need it but i dont have it anymore!

4. Sometimes between each mission Press "Start" OR "X" and go into the menu and check in the scores how the other team is going , because this gives you an idea of how you opponent is doing and all aspects of the battle!..Very useful in long missions..

5. Always use archers and Ranged units behind the Armored force, this is basic and commonsense,but many forget to do this.

6. Dont be too eager to attack the enemy, because sometime by the time you get to them , they would have trained a lot of force and then you cant go back as too far, and as the result you die..

7. DO THE TUTORIALS, EVEN THOUGH YOU MIGHT BE GOOD ,BUT THEY GIVE U A BETTER UNDERSTANDING!

--------AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING-----------

Hydrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any tips/hints for campaign Egypt 7? I've been stuck all day, all my forces seem to die very easily and barely do any damage. I am aware of which unit types are most effective against another type, and I have been building my town, farms, and mines, and churning food into gold.

Is it supposed to be this difficult? O_O;

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hydrus said:
Any tips/hints for campaign Egypt 7? I've been stuck all day, all my forces seem to die very easily and barely do any damage. I am aware of which unit types are most effective against another type, and I have been building my town, farms, and mines, and churning food into gold.

Thats the last mission in the campaign aye?

Well it took me about 2 hours to finish that, you have to have patience, build your force and Make a town center on the top left , where they come from the road..

Keep archers and mummy's etc there and advance some from there , while keep advancing from the bottom with the archer hero and the Thertomusse hero and go slowly from this side, i e take a big army with you, at least me Age 3 by the time u get to their main base, try to eliminate the small settlements of the enemies and then attack the main..

Hope this helps..
yaynds.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Err...Egypt 7 is not a difficult level by any means. If you're having trouble with it (or taking two hours with it???), you're clearly doing something wrong and need to brush up on the system.

The first thing to understand is that it's a timed mission. They are running a finite number of enemies, all you need to do is survive and dispatch them as efficiently as possible.

The scorpions are pushovers with your basic units. You can inflict good damage against them with swords and mounts, and receive relatively little counter damage. The scarabs can be annoying when there are several of them, but just concentrate your heroes on them. Thutmose can smack them down quick with a bit of range support. You'll want lots of spears to handle the mounted units.

Probably the most difficult part of the map is the fact that it's fog of war with very little cover. Make good use of the few trees available to conceal archers if possible. Most importantly, set up obelisks periodically to maintain sight coverage for the map. Position a reliable unit on top, and they'll defend it plus receive healing. If you can claim the farm to the south, they will provide support as well.

Pretty simple, straightforward stuff. It's not until you get into the Greek and Norse campaigns that you really need to start working for your victories.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
dib said:
Err...Egypt 7 is not a difficult level by any means. If you're having trouble with it (or taking two hours with it???), you're clearly doing something wrong and need to brush up on the system.

The first thing to understand is that it's a timed mission. They are running a finite number of enemies, all you need to do is survive and dispatch them as efficiently as possible.

The scorpions are pushovers with your basic units. You can inflict good damage against them with swords and mounts, and receive relatively little counter damage. The scarabs can be annoying when there are several of them, but just concentrate your heroes on them. Thutmose can smack them down quick with a bit of range support. You'll want lots of spears to handle the mounted units.

Probably the most difficult part of the map is the fact that it's fog of war with very little cover. Make good use of the few trees available to conceal archers if possible. Most importantly, set up obelisks periodically to maintain sight coverage for the map. Position a reliable unit on top, and they'll defend it plus receive healing. If you can claim the farm to the south, they will provide support as well.

Pretty simple, straightforward stuff. It's not until you get into the Greek and Norse campaigns that you really need to start working for your victories.

Oh my bad i thought he was talking about the last mission on the Egyptian campign , the last stand..

Thats the one which takes time, it took me 31 days..(AOE Days Not REAL DAYs!)

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hydrus said:

i finished all Egyptian campaigns in one try except for this.

haha,

well.. here's what i did.

it's pretty long so yeah..

first, your 3 villagers should make it's way up. the first one builds the town center while the other two will do the mill and the gold mine *on the second turn though, that when you could reach the are*

let your 3 heroes kills the first two scorpion man *the ones closest to you* then leave all your units behind and try to kill *i forgot his name, the one with the long nose
wacko.gif
* with the rest of your unit,

then let your heroes make their way to the top and let them build obelisks.

try to then once you have built the small farms and mine shafts.

use the god power to double up your resources, once it's finish use it again with the help of the second god power.

*your heroes and some of the units should still be alive*

try to research every turn and don't make heaps of soldiers yet, try to save up so you can AGE UP

when you have enough, age up to OSIRIS.

then use the god power to the girl archer, or anyone who's available.
rolleyes.gif

then you will have son of osiris. *he's a big help*

then get the phoenix unit from the shrine of Ra

*every time it dies, it goes back to the town center anyways*

then.. try to create as many spearmen as you can, never mind hv. infantry units because your heroes can take care of myth and siege units

make the phoenix take care of human units, light and hv. infantry units.

son of osiris takes care of enemy cavalry units.

let this continue and this should control and gradually eliminate enemy flow..
yaynds.gif

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
MyauChanDesu said:
Hydrus said:

i finished all Egyptian campaigns in one try except for this.

haha,

well.. here's what i did.

it's pretty long so yeah..

first, your 3 villagers should make it's way up. the first one builds the town center while the other two will do the mill and the gold mine *on the second turn though, that when you could reach the are*

let your 3 heroes kills the first two scorpion man *the ones closest to you* then leave all your units behind and try to kill *i forgot his name, the one with the long nose
wacko.gif
* with the rest of your unit,

then let your heroes make their way to the top and let them build obelisks.

try to then once you have built the small farms and mine shafts.

use the god power to double up your resources, once it's finish use it again with the help of the second god power.

*your heroes and some of the units should still be alive*

try to research every turn and don't make heaps of soldiers yet, try to save up so you can AGE UP

when you have enough, age up to OSIRIS.

then use the god power to the girl archer, or anyone who's available.
rolleyes.gif

then you will have son of osiris. *he's a big help*

then get the phoenix unit from the shrine of Ra

*every time it dies, it goes back to the town center anyways*

then.. try to create as many spearmen as you can, never mind hv. infantry units because your heroes can take care of myth and siege units

make the phoenix take care of human units, light and hv. infantry units.

son of osiris takes care of enemy cavalry units.

let this continue and this should control and gradually eliminate enemy flow..
yaynds.gif

i didnt have any trouble in this one, basically all i did was just make Units and then guard and destroy, just all stay at your base and keep fighting!

Hydrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks you guys!

Actually I finished Egypt 7 right after I finished posting this. I was halfway through when I made my post, but I had no idea the mission was a timed one-- I thought the monsters were infinite!!

But now I'm stuck on the last campaign so I'm taking VISHI's advice to heart heheh

(PS not important but I'm a she...)

havrek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stuck on the Norse Leve 5 Advance.
Any help would be appreciated with the Norse Leve 5 (Advance) of the campain. I have gone through all levels with little trouble or at least getting an A on all levels up to here. I have tried everything, Advanceing, Retreating, Standing my ground... But I am no match for them I can't seem to last very long. I'm sure I'm missing something. Anyone get past this yet and how?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think you should note that

1.Mountains are not passable
2.You gotta stand next to a forest to see what's in it
3.Hero Powers are rechargable
4.God Powers (except egyptians under special circumstances) aren't
5.Take a good hard look to VP, sometimes the weakest force, both in economy and military has the highest score (happened to me twice, in free for all 4 team battle)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
havrek said:
Stuck on the Norse Leve 5 Advance.
Any help would be appreciated with the Norse Leve 5 (Advance) of the campain. I have gone through all levels with little trouble or at least getting an A on all levels up to here. I have tried everything, Advanceing, Retreating, Standing my ground... But I am no match for them I can't seem to last very long. I'm sure I'm missing something. Anyone get past this yet and how?

Yeah, that one is a doozy. I completed it last night, but failed on my first attempt. There's no secret, really. It's just one of those where you have to rally your units back toward your base and patiently pick off enemy units as you slowly build up your army of dudes. But basically, the main enemy structure is located toward the top right of the map. Everything else, though within the fog of war, is outcropping of their base. I decided to work my way slowly in from the bottom right, while picking off their ox carts, so they couldn't produce food. That will slow down the training of enemy units and make going in for the kill easier.

Again, though, patience is the key to winning this particular battle. Call your guys back and rally everyone together.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't have only heroes, you also begin with a base to the southeast.

First of all, the temples are key to generating extra favor. There is the obvious one that is next to Ladon at the beginning. You'd may as well not worry about that at first because it's a pain in the arse to hold. Just fall your units back into the trees. There is another temple to the north of your base, in the northeast corner of the map. It's along a narrow passage, and you're going to want to claim that with one of your heroes ASAP. I usually send Hippolyta out there.

You don't want enemies to launch sneak attacks through that corridor, so use the trees near the temple to hide a unit. Even if it's a peon, the point is that the enemy has to waste their turn moving next to him. Then you can fall back to the next forest, and they have to move again. It at least slows down their advance. When you get the chance, send a chimera up there, with an archer or two (again, Hippolyta or some medusas) for support and you'll be able to easily pick off anything that tries to make its way through there. If you can advance up to the next set of forests, you can get a builder through there to claim the resources. Later toward the end of the match, you can also pour some units through the corridor and attack the enemy base from both sides.

Now as for other resources, make sure to create one or two peons to start because you'll want a few. You've got a farm and two mines next to your base, and there's a farm a little bit west of your base hidden next to some trees so claim all of these ASAP. Building four adjacent farms there will give you a pretty nice spot to fall back weakened units for some healing. And like all greek missions, you'll want to research marketplace first because your food resource will greatly outweigh your currency.

The first wave of enemies are easy enough to dispatch if you fall your heroes back to the trees and wait for the enemy to waste their turn on approach. Build a cavalry unit to assist, and you'll want some hoplites to take out the enemy cavalry. The lamias are easily crushed by your heroes and cavalry. Generally, the best units for this map are probably chimeras and medusas. Use the trees to conceal your ranged attacks, and the chimeras whoop just about everything except spears so you'll just need somebody like your heroes to take out the occassional hoplite that threatens them. It's a pretty easy map overall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?