Age of Empires 2 HD coming to Steam! April 9

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Perhaps my most played game ever is getting a HD remake. This game I've been playing for the past 10 years, every year it gets a hook on me for some time. Fantastic game, and I urge everyone to play it sometime, especially now it's in HD.
Age of Empires II HD arriving April 9

Microsoft reveals updated version of RTS coming exclusively to Steam April 9; includes the Conquerors expansion.
Microsoft today announced Age of Empires II HD Edition, a reimagining of the 1999 real-time strategy game. With Ensemble Studios closed, work on the updated version is being done by Hidden Path Entertainment (Defense Grid series, Counter Strike: Global Offensive).

Age of Empires II HD Edition will launch on April 9 exclusively through Steam across the world. Gamers won't need to wait that long to play, however, as those who prepurchase (at a 10 percent discount) will be able to jump in April 5.
Age of Empires II HD Edition includes every single-player campaign from the Age of Kings original and the Conquerors expansion, totaling 18 in all. In addition, gamers can challenge other Steam players through the game's online mode.
According to Microsoft, Age of Empires II HD Edition has been remastered for high-resolution displays at 1080p. It also includes an "enhanced visual engine" sporting improved textures for terrain, water and fire, and ambient lighting effects.
Steamworks features for Age of Empires II HD Edition include achievements, leaderboards, matchmaking, and cloud support. In addition, gamers can share user created content through the Steam Workshop.

Minimum System Requirements:
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 Pro
Steam Software Platform
900x600 minimum display resolution
Direct X 9 Capable GPU
1.2GHz CPU
1GB RAM
2GB HDD

SOURCE (thanks to Qtis)
Thanks Microsoft for opening your eyes, wow. This is going to be big, so so good. Thanks

<snip>

Reactions: Qtis

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PRICE?? PRICE!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man, I didn't even KNOW this was coming out.... you have a buyer right there Microsoft Games, it just depends on the €€€

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Where be your source?

I'm mostly interested in the price of this set. I've got the original, but it's been years since I've last played it (too many games, too little time). If the price is right, I'll possible get it.

While it's not likely due to Microsoft Studios being the publisher, it'd be great to get a OSX version. Bootcamp/Parallels works great, but it's a pain to use 3rd party software to run a game :P

EDIT: Derp. Checked Steam for the price. It's €18.99 - 10% pre-order deal = €17.09. Not as cheap as I'd expected, but a great price for the game if someone has been living under a rock and never played it :P

EDIT2: Source via Steam.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PRICE?? PRICE!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man, i didn't even KNOW this was coming out.... you have a buyer right there Microsoft Games, it just depends on the €€€
Well it's around 17 euros here in Belgium, dunno from Portugal.
I am however able to sell it to you for 12 euros at the moment, if you're interested in that, check my sig :)
Where be your source?

I'm mostly interested in the price of this set. I've got the original, but it's been years since I've last played it (too many games, too little time). If the price is right, I'll possible get it.

While it's not likely due to Microsoft Studios being the publisher, it'd be great to get a OSX version. Bootcamp/Parallels works great, but it's a pain to use 3rd party software to run a game :P

EDIT: Derp. Checked Steam for the price. It's €18.99 - 10% pre-order deal = €17.09. Not as cheap as I'd expected, but a great price for the game if someone has been living under a rock and never played it :P

EDIT2: Source via Steam.
Added that source, ty.
Well like I said to Hero-link, I can get it cheaper (just like all Steam games really :))

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I cannot think of another game as good as this in this genre. I tried rise of nations, empire earth etc but none came close to this. so easy to get used to and beautiful music.
I know right? This game is bloody perfect IMHO. I'm very biased of course due to nostalgia, but this game...... it's just perfect and a timeless classic in any way. Like I said in the OP, I'm still playing this today (the original version), I really don't give a fuck about the graphics and the resolution, it just works and it's excellent. Honestly, best game I ever played....

how can you get it cheaper?
Check my sig, I can't explain all the details, but it just works. I've helped a ton of people already, all happy customers.

Reactions: shakirmoledina

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played the original too much, and since I wasn't much of an RTS player, any time I did it was extremely frustrating. It'll always be the Rage of Empires to me.

What? It's the morning, cut me some slack.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If it hasn't got the limited editions of all the games (1, 2 and 3) I would think, but I prefer to wait for AOE4.

Thanks for info anyways ^^

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It doesn't look that much better now that I've compared screenshots of the old version, but they've probably updated the online system to use something that actually still exists, and they might've made other enhancements.
Definitely getting it though, and I'm betting a lot of my friends will too, so getting a large multiplayer game going should be easy.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
The sweetest part? Almost no video card requirements! Ooooh, my laptop is gonna LOVE this!

...assuming, of course, that by then I'm done playing all of the Android Humble Bundle 4 and 5 (Solar 2 is fantastic!), MH3U, Fire Emblem Awakening... um, that Bratz Tactics game (okay, Dawn of Heroes, but come on, they look like Bratz high fantasy)... And Nightsky. And um... oh, god. So many backlogs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi +1