Gaming Aftermath (battery life question)

DS1

Tired
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just installed cfm on my PSP-1000 (used off ebay) using the ChickHEN and HC Recovery Flasher method. So far, so good.

Now the battery only lasts about 20 minutes when fully charged. My first thought was that the ebay guy gave me a defective battery (his posting said something to the effect of 'I can't guarantee battery life'). Then I did a little searching and found a bunch of people with the same problem (installed firmware, battery died), even if they buy a new battery it dies pretty quickly. People responded with 'something is wrong with your firmware' or 'you got your firmware from someone who is trying to brick your system'... referring to the fact that if the battery had run out while I was flashing the thing it would have bricked.

edit: I updated to 5.00 as per Xist's advice from another topic. I don't know if it has any effect on the battery yet, but at least I'm not on the 3.71 anymore.

3. Is it possible older versions of hell cats recovery flasher has some problem where it pandorizes the battery, but doesn't 'un-pandorize' it? I know pandora batteries don't last very long, so that sounds plausible, though I doubt it.

edit: I haven't messed with the clock speed controls, but I read somewhere that it might also be an issue.

DS1

Tired
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have this problem even on the new firmware. I think it can actually last about a half hour if I'm not in a game, but in a game it's about 10 minutes and BAM, dead. I know some things can really shorten the battery life (brightness, excessive loading) but even with everything set to preserve it (inaccurate battery charge reader says '8+ hours' but randomly skips around from 7.5 - 8).

Anyway I'm not too bothered by having to always have the thing plugged in, but I'm going to actually want to bring it somewhere (without wall sockets) some time and have it last at least an hour.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
What sort of battery is it? A genuine Sony one? And Pandora batteries last just as long as any other sort of battery...don't know where you heard differently. As with Memory Sticks though, cheap knock offs don't perform anywhere near as well as authentic batteries.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
What sort of battery is it? A genuine Sony one? And Pandora batteries last just as long as any other sort of battery...don't know where you heard differently. As with Memory Sticks though, cheap knock offs don't perform anywhere near as well as authentic batteries.

im guessing he got the info about low battery life and pandoras from someone talking about Tool Pandora batteries, because Tool batteries only have about 45minutes on a charge.

DS1

Tired
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:

Yeah it's a real Sony battery, and yes I was thinking of tool batteries. Also, I don't know if I mentioned, but a new battery performs the same way.

This is the battery I have:
http://www.proporta.com/resizeimage.php?sr...0px&h=345px

Anyway I'm going to play with the adapter alone now (no battery), and I'll try out my battery on one of my friends' PSPs to see if it reacts the same way.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say try a battery than came with a friends PSP first, and then spend some money on a Datel Max Power battery. It's the only way to be certain that you're not getting a Hong Kong fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb