Homebrew Question After using Homebrew most of my games are corrupted!?

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After using Homebrew for a while, I thought it was pretty cool. But a few days ago, just before i was gonna go on Holiday, i tried to play VS Super Mario Bros, and it said the game was corrupted. I tried redownloading but it still didn't work. So I tried to play another game, and that was corrupted too. Now only a few games and my cartridges work. Im pretty sure this is Homebrew because it started after I had used Homebrew. Is there any way to fix this?

EDIT: I forgot to say, my Switch randomly shuts down sometimes.

Last edited by xXxSwagnemitexXx,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Once, Kirby Star Allies got corrupted for me, but redownloading fixed it, and it was most likely because i forgot to safely eject the sd card. Not sure what your problem is. Which homebrews did you run?

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Once, Kirby Star Allies got corrupted for me, but redownloading fixed it, and it was most likely because i forgot to safely eject the sd card. Not sure what your problem is. Which homebrews did you run?
ive ran quite a few
upload_2018-6-2_12-9-15.png

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
i probably should, but i dont wanna lose my save data

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and i have about 50 downloaded games
Your save data isn't stored on the sd card. It is stored on the nintendo switch. And if you don't trust me, then use checkpoint to backup saves and put them on the computer.

Reactions: Centergaming

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using Homebrew for a while, I thought it was pretty cool. But a few days ago, just before i was gonna go on Holiday, i tried to play VS Super Mario Bros, and it said the game was corrupted. I tried redownloading but it still didn't work. So I tried to play another game, and that was corrupted too. Now only a few games and my cartridges work. Im pretty sure this is Homebrew because it started after I had used Homebrew. Is there any way to fix this?
are you talking about games you bought in the eshop?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i probably should, but i dont wanna lose my save data

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and i have about 50 downloaded games
Saves are saved to the console not to the sd card. I would delete the corrupted games then copy the nintendo folder on your sd card to your computer format the sd and copy nintendo folder back to sd and redownload the games that were corrupt.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Jaynato808

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had a spare 16gb sd card laying from an old phone and use specifically for hombrew. It is a little annoying to keep switching back and forth from my 128gb
But it keeps my downloaded games safe. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: Leonidas87

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a spare 16gb sd card laying from an old phone and use specifically for hombrew. It is a little annoying to keep switching back and forth from my 128gb
thanks, ill definitely buy another SD Card

Reactions: Jaynato808

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada

That is how I will be doing things from now on also.

2 switchs, 3 micro sd cards. 1 card for eshop specifically

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission