Question After updating to Hekate v4, the console no longer read my SDXC card

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by fuji97, Aug 25, 2018.

1. fuji97
    OP

fuji97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    Italy
    I've always used Hekate v3.2 with SDFilesSwitch with my SDXC 128GB exFAT on 5.1 and always worked fine, but from when I've updated to the latest SDFilesSwitch (v8.0.1) with Hekate v4, when i start the console (both with and without hekate) it asks me to update the console in order to use the SD.
    I've tried to format the SD and putting in it only the SDFilesSwitch files but the error continues to appear.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Sounds like you removed an fs.kip that was enabling exFAT artificially into your console. Either retrieve that file or get the exFAT update online/offline.

fuji97 likes this.
  3. fuji97
    OP

fuji97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    Italy
    I've updated to 5.1 with the online updater some months ago and never had problems with the exFAT SD (both hekate and stock). Can hekate delete somehow the fs.kip module?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Hekate shouldn't be able to do that, it may have been removed by accident or gotten lost when you changed the SD files.

5. fuji97
    OP

fuji97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    Italy
    With Hekate v3.2 I used the patched FS.kip with signature patches, can this module have removed the original FS module?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If they're named exactly the same then yes

7. fuji97
    OP

fuji97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    Italy
    No, the module's name was "FS510-exfat_nocmac_nosigchk.kip1" and loaded directly with this name

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Maybe Hekate can't read both so it prioritized one over the other

9. fuji97
    OP

fuji97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    Italy
    Yes, but now I'm not using that module anymore and can't use exFAT, so in some way the original FS was deleted...