After updating to 10.2, iTunes does not recognize iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by AC/DS, Mar 7, 2011.

1. AC/DS
    OP

AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    How come my iPod Touch 4g is not recognized at all? I've just updated iTunes to 10.2 and now I cannot sync my apps, add movies to my video player etc. I am really shocked. Of course, the iPod is JB-oken but could it be the reason?
    Any info greatly appreciated.
    I've tried re-connecting the iPod, re-installing iTunes, stopping/restarting the Apple mobile service in control panel - nothing helps.

EDIT: Never mind that. I had to downgrade iTunes to the previous version, which solved my problem.

2. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    So jailbreak= no new iTunes?

3. AC/DS
    OP

AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    Frankly, I don't know for sure. I've just described what happened to me when I updated iTunes to 10.2 As I was desperate for help, I've searched the web for answers and I found out that SIMILAR things happened to people when updating iTunes, although to different versions (i.e. 9 to 10). I have no idea what is the cause of this strange behavior or why it only affects certain iPods... I might wait for the next iTunes update and see what happens then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice