After updating my switch CFW and hekate to latest, RCM Loader no longer works

Soler37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So heres the deal, AUTORCM is on, the latest updates work, when I turn off the console and try loading it with RCM Loader, the blue light goes on indicating that its injecting, the console turns on but the screen is completely black. I tried turning it off by holding the power button and then injecting the payload with Tegra Rcm, it works!
I tried resetting the loader multiple times, made sure the Hekate file is the latest, tried using an older Hekate, but nothing seems to work.
Would love some help!

Soler37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
update the hekate payload on your injector
Edit Try rename to just payload.bin
Its what I did, I moved the new hekate file into the hekate folder on the rcmloader, deleted the old one and renamed the new one to payload.bin per how I always did it.

Delboyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So heres the deal, AUTORCM is on, the latest updates work, when I turn off the console and try loading it with RCM Loader, the blue light goes on indicating that its injecting, the console turns on but the screen is completely black. I tried turning it off by holding the power button and then injecting the payload with Tegra Rcm, it works!
I tried resetting the loader multiple times, made sure the Hekate file is the latest, tried using an older Hekate, but nothing seems to work.
Would love some help!
What version of hekte are you using on the loader? In had this issue last week with version 6.0.1 i ended up having to go back to 5.9.0 on the loader and using the latest version on the sd card

Soler37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
1672313678296.png

1672313690718.png

Still deosnt work, tried 5.9, it shows a screen that looks corrupt and then the backlight stays on.

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Use hekate payload version 5.8.0 for your loader. It's a known issue since 5.6.0. The latest payload somehow breaks loader code, so we could use previous version of payload but keep the latest version in SD because hekate has a way to detect which one is newer and use it instead of one from loader
1672314729775.png

Last edited by marhalloweenvt,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marhalloweenvt beat me to it. The answer is to NOT put the latest on your loader (because whether you believe it or not, your loader is a clone). IIRC 6.0.0 should work fine, but 5.8.0 will also work. The bit that's posted above is right in front of your face when you download the latest hekate. You just need to take a few seconds to actually read it. If you didn't just try to use an AIO updater that is... then I dunno if you're getting the entire release, which includes a second copy of hekate as /bootloader/update.bin.

Soler37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Use hekate payload version 5.8.0 for your loader. It's a known issue since 5.6.0. The latest payload somehow breaks loader code, so we could you previous version of payload but keep the latest version in SD because hekate has a way to detect which one is newer and use it instead of one from loader
View attachment 344895
I tried, same thing as I showed in the video.
Wtf could I be doing wrong, Ive tried so many things, this is so godamn frustrating.

rodrihalo117

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Same happened to me when I updated Hekate too, the way I fixed that problem was to put the 5.9.0 bin file of Hekate in the RCM Loader, but I can also see that your payload.bin is named "Payload.bin", I don't know if it's case sensitive but better write it in lowercase. Also, I put a copy of the 5.9.0 payload.bin file in the SX and Reinx options and everything's just working fine now for me, hope it helps.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love some help!
Buy new one? Since tegrarcm is still working count yourself lucky that the damage is minimal

Soler37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Same happened to me when I updated Hekate too, the way I fixed that problem was to put the 5.9.0 bin file of Hekate in the RCM Loader, but I can also see that your payload.bin is named "Payload.bin", I don't know if it's case sensitive but better write it in lowercase. Also, I put a copy of the 5.9.0 payload.bin file in the SX and Reinx options and everything's just working fine now for me, hope it helps.
I did this exactly but in all of them it shows the same type issue.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardware can fail and sometimes it happens at a inconvenient time that makes people suffer more than the price of the new hardware. The affected person sometimes blame themself for unrelated action they did, would be worst if they blame an innocent bystander.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the checksum (crc32) of your /bootloader/update.bin? Should be AEECBD36...

Also when you plug your dongle into your PC, what is the size of the "disk"?

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1