Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello @TurdPooCharger

The easy Part is done,a re-download from Dragon Quest VIII fixed it.
Game Saves are not important.:)

Then I made the Home Theme Thing.:)
All goes well.
Unfortunately the File "0004008C00009800 theme (CTR-M-HMMP-00) (E).tmd" still have the Verification failed Error.
Nevermind,all seems ok,all Games and Applications are working.

Another Question please,how did I get the Nintendo 3DS Camera Application back to work please ? :)

Thank you for your Help and your really awesome Manual(s).:)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Dragon Quest VIII save data was intact and you did the Option (C) Manual and eShop game reinstall in the order it was listed, your data for it and every game should be retained.

HOME Menu themes can be redownloaded at the Theme Shop if you paid for yours. For the themes that need to be replaced were pirated, see information in the link listed in step 7 at post #16.

Here's a quick refresher on how to use Rosalina menu's Homebrew Launcher injection.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If your Dragon Quest VIII save data was intact and you did the Option (C) Manual and eShop game reinstall in the order it was listed, your data for it and every game should be retained.

HOME Menu themes can be redownloaded at the Theme Shop if you paid for yours. For the themes that need to be replaced were pirated, see information in the link listed in step 7 at post #16.

Here's a quick refresher on how to use Rosalina menu's Homebrew Launcher injection.

Thank you.:)

The Theme is buyed from the eShop,also I get the second Yoshi Theme too,but it does not change the Verify Issue.
But that is ok,the Games and Applications are working and I "trust" again on the
5 Times full checked and re-formatted (I swear !!:)) 64 Gb SanDisk microSD Card.

Thank you for your Tipps and Advises,It helped me a lot and I am very grateful for your Help,@TurdPooCharger .:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello @TurdPooCharger.:)

Hopefully the last Update.

The final Step was done today.
27. GodMode9[0:] SDCARD ()/gm9 directory. Hold the (R)-shoulder and press (X) on the out folder. Rename this to out3.

28. Repeat the process of steps 18–26 but this time with Rebuild 3DS Database(B) Full.
  • Carefully read the description and ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~ found in the top screen.
  • See the examples in the threads listed in post #10.
All "Sizes" are now back and correct again:

P1360834.JPG P1360835.JPG P1360836.JPG

For the Theme Verifying Error Issue maybe this is the Reason:

It appears 2 Times in the purchased List:
(Yoshis Frühstücksnickerchen)

P1360837.JPG

Any Suggestions please ? :)

Thank again for your Help.:)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@alexander1970, I went back to revisit previous threads of those who used Rebuild 3DS Database - Option (A) Quick or Search for titles → Verify file, noticing that the *.tmd verification failure for HOME Menu themes is very common and perfectly normal.

What happens is that themes that you purchased or downloaded before from Theme Shop has their entry added to the TMD. If you deleted some or all of your themes off the 3DS, Nintendo will restore or update that TMD the next time you revisit Theme Shop or eShop. That TMD is like a record for all the themes you rightfully own but not necessarily have installed at the moment.

DLCs are a bit different than game and update titles where they can be dump into CIAs with missing APP contents.

I don't understand what's going on your themes, but that Animal Crossing with Yoshi egg icon seems out of place. See if deleting and reinstalling the themes like this corrects the problem.
  1. HOME Menu → System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Extra Data → Themes → Delete
  2. HOME Menu → HOME Menu Design → Change Theme → Theme Shop → <this is the part where you download whichever themes you want on the SD card>

Reactions: Alexander1970

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What happens is that themes that you purchased or downloaded before from Theme Shop has their entry added to the TMD. If you deleted some or all of your themes off the 3DS, Nintendo will restore or update that TMD the next time you revisit Theme Shop or eShop. That TMD is like a record for all the themes you rightfully own but not necessarily have installed at the moment.

TMD only ever changes if there's a title update, and it's supposed to include entries for all available content, regardless whether you own it or not, because if TMD is incomplete, it may cause certain titles to misbehave.
What keeps the record of your actual owned content is the ticket, and that's what would be corrected by the eShop if the one installed doesn't match their records, that's why pirated DLC gets disabled sometimes.
Fun fact: most tools that generate fake tickets only enable 256 entries for DLC, so if DLC has more content, everything after content 256 will stay disabled (e.g. "complete" CIA theme packs that cut out exactly after 255's theme).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TMD only ever changes if there's a title update, and it's supposed to include entries for all available content, regardless whether you own it or not, because if TMD is incomplete, it may cause certain titles to misbehave.
What keeps the record of your actual owned content is the ticket, and that's what would be corrected by the eShop if the one installed doesn't match their records, that's why pirated DLC gets disabled sometimes.
Fun fact: most tools that generate fake tickets only enable 256 entries for DLC, so if DLC has more content, everything after content 256 will stay disabled (e.g. "complete" CIA theme packs that cut out exactly after 255's theme).
Yes, you would be person who really knows about 3DS themes. :rofl2:

I probably should have double checked a theme title's TMD entries list by downloading one of the freebies off of Theme Shop. While I knew each theme is contained in its own APP, I wasn't entirely sure why verification failure in GM9 would happen if a person hasn't deleted or uninstalled any of their themes. Because the encounters I saw were those trying to fix their Nintendo 3DS folder, I chalked up this observation as themes were getting corrupted somehow.

255 ContentID limit per TMD makes sense after seeing themes referenced with more than one TitleID.

JPN
0004008C00008200 Theme (CTR-M-HMMJ-00) (J)
0004008C00008206 Theme (CTR-M-HMMJ-06) (J)

USA
0004008C00008F00 Theme (CTR-M-HMME-00) (U)
0004008C00008F02 Theme (CTR-M-HMME-02) (U)

EUR
0004008C00009800 Theme (CTR-M-HMMP-00) (E)
0004008C00009805 Theme (CTR-M-HMMP-05) (E)

Not surprising the theme's extdata share the same IDs as their DLC.
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata/00000000/
    • JPN: 00000082
    • USA: 0000008f
    • EUR: 00000098
Edit - Small correction to the extdata directory. Forgot to add the 00000000 subfolder.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
255 ContentID limit per TMD makes sense after seeing themes referenced with more than one TitleID.
Well, it's not really a limit.
It's just that those tools never assume that DLC could be that big. :P
Both TMDs and tickets can actually be very, VERY large, with thousands of content, and such ticket would still be perfectly valid and installable, but there's only one know official title with over 1000 contents.

Yes, themes are split into several TitleID variations, but that's likely because there's simply no reason to hold everything under one TitleID (although it's possible), as HOME Menu has its own limitations anyway.
Even with themes, a single TitleID variation can still hold more than 255 themes, for example 0004008C00008202 has 278 in total.
So yeah, if you encounter a theme pack that includes only 255 for one TitleID variation, it's incomplete.

P.S. Not sure where those verification errors come from…
I get them on my installed theme titles as well, so maybe it's some bug on GM9's side.
Seems like it tries to find and verify all content that's listed in TMD, but it's actually perfectly normal to not have all of it installed.

Last edited by redunka,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you again for your great Assistance on this Thread. @TurdPooCharger and @redunka .:)

So all is then ok,nothing I had to worry about.
Finally.:lol:

########################################################################################

@alexander1970,

I don't understand what's going on your themes, but that Animal Crossing with Yoshi egg icon seems out of place. See if deleting and reinstalling the themes like this corrects the problem.
  1. HOME Menu → System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Extra Data → Themes → Delete
  2. HOME Menu → HOME Menu Design → Change Theme → Theme Shop → <this is the part where you download whichever themes you want on the SD card>

I am not 100 Percent sure,but this Animal Crossing Theme was already on the 3DS when I purchased it together with some Games installed.I made an System Update and then the Custom Firmware (Seedminer) Modding and Luma3DS,of course with the Guide.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...