After the 3DS launch

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sooooo I have seen it held it played it.

Yawn.

Glad it was my friends and not mine. Not sure what the hype is for.

Yes it is a lot lighter, omg was it really that important?

Yes it is back to being too damned small, ok not a problem I suppose if you are a little kid. Guess Nintendo really doesn't give a damn for anyone older than 13.

Games? I suppose I could comment if there were any to mention. Can't though.

Played something that demonstrated the 3dishness. Yippee boring hurrah.

I am soooooo glad I have the DSiXL which is big enough to hold on to, and has a screen large enough I don't need my reading glasses to see at all.

Just the other day was checking an old DS Lite I have here (non functioning but displays touch screen). It ran FF3 just fine, so I told my friend that wanted it that it was functioning as we wanted it to do so. He needs it to process flashcarts on a genuine DS Lite. It's a fimrware matter outside of my knowledge base. But the process of checking it out reminded me of how glad I was to get my DSiXL real quick.

Had a chance to score a early model PSP the other day for 40 bucks. Fully hacked and good to go in all it's early model PSP goodness. But, like the 3DS, I had to cool down and ask the question 'Why exactly do I want this thing?'. Thing is I had no answer. So I told my friend leave it with me, and I will get it sold to a young lad I know that is interested in it.

NGP, I suspect it will be as thrilling as the 3DS is to me, or in other words, whatever its powers and abilities, odds are it will be mainly hype, and little real worth to me.

I have a nice selection of perfectly fine games here for my DSiXL (and in most cases I own the genuine article cart too).
I think over all, it will likely be that I have no real NEED for a replacement doodad any time soon.

I'm still thinking in terms of some adult doodad I suppose. A device that can go online, and read books and have a display as close to 8.5x11 as possible. And maybe have an OS able to run my increasingly archaic board game looking wargames.

The 3DS scores a miss on this gamer so far. Let me know when Nintendo has a gamer thingy that's actually BIGGER than the DSiXL.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
*looks around Profile, looks under Avatar...'Grumpy Old Gamer'..*
Ok sir, I'll inform you when 3DS XXL comes into action. Or 3DS 5XL.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS was designed with portability in mind (expect for the battery life). StreetPass, SpotPass... It's a lot easier carrying a smaller device than the beast that is the DSi XL.

I fully understand where you're going though; I'm positive that Nintendo will make a revision that will make the 3DS more accessible. Bigger? Maybe. It's Nintendo's creativity at work here.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im happy with the current 3DS but would love an XL.Using a DSi XL for a year i have really adjusted to it and still use it for DS games instead of the 3DS i have

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.