Hacking After the 3DS inevitably gets hacked, what if there was flash cards with processorsrs built-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort of like how some DS flash cards have a built-in CPU to enable GBA emulation, would it be possible for 3DS flash cards to have built-in CPUs to enable emulation of systems like the PS2 or Gamecube?

If this was possible, there would still be a point to flash cards, even with the option of free SD card exploits.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really not so sure its inevitable.

As for your question, I really doubt it would be able to emulate the PS2 or Gamecube. Heck, the regular DS/i had enough trouble emulating the GBA and SNES. A decent question would be if it would be able to emulate the N64 and PS1.

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
You should change inevitably too eventual. :D
Nintendo has crushed the hacker scene for now.
The only way this will get hacked soon (soon being in the handhelds life cycle) is if there is a leak data or if nintendo accidentally makes a back door in the software.

Reactions: Tattorack

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really not so sure its inevitable.

As for your question, I really doubt it would be able to emulate the PS2 or Gamecube. Heck, the regular DS/i had enough trouble emulating the GBA and SNES. A decent question would be if it would be able to emulate the N64 and PS1.
It is, just a matter of time, and that includes a looooooooong time.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin works at 1 firmrate on the galaxy 3. They said the first phone to be able to run it at 28-30 would possible be the galaxy 4 and devices = to it's overall processing power.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Sort of like how some DS flash cards have a built-in CPU to enable GBA emulation, would it be possible for 3DS flash cards to have built-in CPUs to enable emulation of systems like the PS2 or Gamecube?

If this was possible, there would still be a point to flash cards, even with the option of free SD card exploits.
If it was feasible, don't you think somebody would have done it right now for the DS already?

You should change inevitably too eventual. :D
Nintendo has crushed the hacker scene for now.
The only way this will get hacked soon (soon being in the handhelds life cycle) is if there is a leak data or if nintendo accidentally makes a back door in the software.
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page
wtf.gif

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It might be possible, but the resulting flashcart would be gigantic and drain your battery faster than you can boot any emulated game.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm starting to think BS on this. Its been 5 months and nothing more has been said about this, its starting to feel like that Crow3DS thing all over again. But hey, if its genuine and eventually gets released, I'll happily eat up my words and admit I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there