Hacking After switching to A9LH some tites are black?

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I switched to A9LH last night. Now some of my titles just show a black square with no text. When I try to plau them it takes me to the 3ds screen right before a game starts and then it just stays there. Any advice?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I switched to A9LH last night. Now some of my titles just show a black square with no text. When I try to plau them it takes me to the 3ds screen right before a game starts and then it just stays there. Any advice?
I had this glitch when I installed a9lh on my spare n3ds. You may have accidentally installed those "black titles" to NAND with FBI or whatever you used, when it should have been installed to the SD.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The titles show no name so I dont know what to look for in system settings to erase.
You may have to remove it with fbi. If you have the old version you will need to look up the title ids of games you have installed, and see if any are installed to NAND. (DO NOT ERASE ANYTHING FROM NAND WITHOUT BEING 100% SURE ITS A GAME!!!!) If you have the newer version of fbi, it should list the games by title, not ID. Easiest option for you would be to update FBI if you have the old, black background version.

EDIT: Noticed in OP you said you switched to a9lh. If you followed plailect's guide, you should have the latest version of FBI already.

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have to remove it with fbi. If you have the old version you will need to look up the title ids of games you have installed, and see if any are installed to NAND. (DO NOT ERASE ANYTHING FROM NAND WITHOUT BEING 100% SURE ITS A GAME!!!!) If you have the newer version of fbi, it should list the games by title, not ID. Easiest option for you would be to update FBI if you have the old, black background version.

EDIT: Noticed in OP you said you switched to a9lh. If you followed plailect's guide, you should have the latest version of FBI already.

I have the old version of FBI. That part I skipped. So how would I know what to erase when the titles only show a black box?

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Those black squares reminds me of my 2DS when it was in rxtools sysnand mode. I failed to fix it and chose to let it go. I remember I read somewhere that those titles maybe related to CFW's region free feature. Some system modules pops up on the home screen as black squares. Or it could be some titles from other region if you updated your system using sysupdater and upgrade packs.I could be totally wrong so correct me if I made a mistake.

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those black squares reminds me of my 2DS when it was in rxtools sysnand mode. I failed to fix it and chose to let it go. I remember I read somewhere that those titles maybe related to CFW's region free feature. Some system modules pops up on the home screen as black squares. Or it could be some titles from other region if you updated your system using sysupdater and upgrade packs.I could be totally wrong so correct me if I made a mistake.

No I updated it using settings. I think ill just leave it alone. It seems like it isnt harming the system and I dont want to mess anything up.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the old version of FBI. That part I skipped. So how would I know what to erase when the titles only show a black box?
Just use the updated fbi. It has a different id so you can have the old and new versions at the same time. Just install fbi.cia. It will actually list game titles instead of ids, making it easy to find whats wrong.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
No I updated it using settings. I think ill just leave it alone. It seems like it isnt harming the system and I dont want to mess anything up.
One wired thing with the black boxes I encountered is that they only show up on sysnand, not emunand. You can try cloning the sysnand to emunand and see if they're still there. If they are gone then probably the problem is within CFW and you can't do anything to fix that. But if they persist on emunand then probably you installed some titles to the system nand, which is technically fixable.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the nands are linked this is prone to happening, a system format will help the situation iirc
Make sure your NANDs are linked before doing this, however. If they are already unlinked and you format, it will re-link your emuNAND and sysNAND, and that's not good. For example, if you update emuNAND while linked, it also updates sysNAND and then its gg hax. Just be careful.

EDIT: OP already said he was running a9lh, just wanted to add this for others reading.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Make sure your NANDs are linked before doing this, however. If they are already unlinked and you format, it will re-link your emuNAND and sysNAND, and that's not good. For example, if you update emuNAND while linked, it also updates sysNAND and then its gg hax. Just be careful.

EDIT: OP already said he was running a9lh, just wanted to add this for others reading.
Formatting in sysnand with SDcard out will not cause a re-link.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting in sysnand with SDcard out will not cause a re-link.
I didn't know that, actually. Thanks! Post I commented on still should have been more specific imo. No offence intended, just trying to make sure no one messes up their hacked 3ds is all.

So I should format with the sd card removed?
No, you have a9lh so I assume you dont have an emuNAND any more. Or do you still use one?

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that, actually. Thanks! Post I commented on still should have been more specific imo. No offence intended, just trying to make sure no one messes up their hacked 3ds is all.

No, you have a9lh so I assume you dont have an emuNAND any more. Or do you still use one?

No more emunand. I use Luma with a9lh

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So I should format with the sd card removed?

Edit: I cant do that because if I remove sd the system wont start
Turn on the system with sd. After home menu shows up sd card can be removed. That arm9loaderhax.bin only need to be on your sd when you power the 3ds on.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Also I believe formatting the emunand with tiny format won't cause relinking. By the way, I doubt formatting system would help eliminating the squares, considering they're probably system titles living in the NAND. But it won't hurt to have a try.

Reactions: thegameksk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: