Hacking After soldering the Wiikey.. ?

twi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I quicksoledered the Wiikey and the solder points seem good. Now what? I downloaded the 1.1 Wiikey ISO thing from Wiikey.cn, burned it and inserted the disc. The Menu comes up and I can toggle between "Wiikey configuration" and "Reset console" using the reset-key on the wii-station. What I cant figure out is, how do I actually accept/confirm my selection? The Wiimote seems completely unresponsive and the 4 lights just flash when I press something on it.

In the other menus and games (outside of the wiikey disc) everything seems to be working fine and I even tried running a homebrew game (Sonic, PAL just like my console) and it worked great.

So how do I config the wiikey?
smile.gif
Thanks

xeorix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Precis innan du startar spelet (I disc channel) vad visar den att det är för typ av skiva du har i?
Just det! En gamecubeplatta! Prova med en GC-kontroll så ska det fungera för dig
wink.gif

( Try a GC-joystick instead )

twi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, I dont have a GC joypad
smile.gif

Second, this is what the Wiikey-site says:
QUOTE said:
Setup disc v1.1 PAL (no GC joypad required, toggle settings with reset)

Anyone else?
wink.gif

saccorator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I quicksoledered the Wiikey and the solder points seem good. Now what? I downloaded the 1.1 Wiikey ISO thing from Wiikey.cn, burned it and inserted the disc. The Menu comes up and I can toggle between "Wiikey configuration" and "Reset console" using the reset-key on the wii-station. What I cant figure out is, how do I actually accept/confirm my selection? The Wiimote seems completely unresponsive and the 4 lights just flash when I press something on it.

In the other menus and games (outside of the wiikey disc) everything seems to be working fine and I even tried running a homebrew game (Sonic, PAL just like my console) and it worked great.

So how do I config the wiikey?
smile.gif
Thanks

Here are the instructions from the Wiikey site.

QUOTEInstruction:
- pressing RESET for a short time is same as "pad down".
- pressing RESET >1 sek is same as "pad A".

jamezco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys i dont mean to steal ppl's thread but i wanna ask the same question

i've mod my Wii with a wiikey but the thing is ... i dont have a homebrew software to try it on ... i've burned the PAL 1.1v setup cd as well but then how do I know if i have installed the wiikey properly ?

i've tried putting the cd into the wii and i went into the Wiikey configuration ... i put Region Overight then i save the settings ... then i restart the console using the setup disc ... after that i went into the configuration again and the region overright went back to off ...

pls help ....

smid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It says OFF by default. If you changed it to ON it will still be listed as OFF but it is actually ON. It seems it doesn't read the setting from the wiikey and lists the option accordingly.

funkmasterta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the instructions from the Wiikey site.

QUOTE said:
Instruction:
- pressing RESET for a short time is same as "pad down".
- pressing RESET >1 sek is same as "pad A".

You mean press RESET on the console itself and not the Wiimote right?

Or, do you mean the POWER button on the Wiimote?

I just wanna make sure.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol