Hacking Question After restoring rawnand, boot0 & boot1, Switch didn't turn on, no charging, no payload, nothing

mYemc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello folks,

I am new at the switch scene and with my newcomer knowledge I could not find a similar thread for this question.

I backup my system with hekate and also restore it with hekate. After the restoring process I turned off my console. Now I can not do anything with it. Please can you help me with that problem? I do not want to have a brick for my table…

Thank you guys
mYemc

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is the firmware version of your backup the same as the one before you restored the backup? Have you updated the firmware of your switch after you made the backup?

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,
Reactions: mYemc

mYemc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do not know what you mean with burning fuses (now I read parallel what it is). So maybe yes! I do it without burning fuses.

mYemc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did it with system per accident. (to slow for DNS calibration).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You burnt your fuse if you updated via system update instead of ChoidujourNX.
Thank you. I did not use ChoidujourNX.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I do not know what you mean with burning fuses (now I read parallel what it is). So maybe yes! I do it without burning fuses.
Can you explain how exactly you have updated your switch? Can you launch hekate and check under "Console info -> Print fuse info" how many fuses on your console are burnt?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Boot into CFW and update your firmware again, your fuse count doesn't match that why it doesn't boot on OFW if that is what you are trying to do.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo

You can't downgrade once you updated via switch system update. You pretty much bricked your switch. If you have a back up 6.2 rawnand and boot you might be able to fix it.

And jeez what's even the point going back to 2.1?

Last edited by Paulsar99,

mYemc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I updated the my switch with the update option in the settings. I can not launch hekate. The console did not react to any input.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant simply downgrade unless you upgraded without burning fuses then used autorcm to prevent the burning of fuses.

I dont know why so many people get this wrong. Just because you have an older backup doesnt mean you can simply downgrade

(Yes, yes I know you can use custom boot loaders to launch older OFWs with burnt fuses but since there is no reason to do this I leave it off my original statement)

mYemc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You cant simply downgrade unless you upgraded without burning fuses then used autorcm to prevent the burning of fuses.

I dont know why so many people get this wrong. Just because you have an older backup doesnt mean you can simply downgrade

(Yes, yes I know you can use custom boot loaders to launch older OFWs with burnt fuses but since there is no reason to do this I leave it off my original statement)

After rethinking I am a total retard and it is logical ...

Do you know if you were in CFW while you performed the system update?
I am very sorry. I do not know, because I restarted my console so many times. My bad, sorry.

So I am fucked, right?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So putting your switch into RCM and injecting a payload doesn't work? It should, normally, unless I'm missing something obvious. Then, in theory, you would boot your 2.1 with hekate, update again to 6.2, and you're back to normal.

mYemc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So putting your switch into RCM and injecting a payload doesn't work? It should, normally, unless I'm missing something obvious. Then, in theory, you would boot your 2.1 with hekate, update again to 6.2, and you're back to normal.

I totally agree with you, but my console does not react to any input. (power + volume up etc.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1