Hacking After restoring clean nand and updating to 8.1.0, switch won't read game cartridge

kimbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I copied by dirty nand to emunand and restored my clean 3.0.2 nand to sysnand and was getting Error Code: 2002-2634 when I tried to boot to sysnand. I could finally boot to sysnand when I removed my mario odyssey cartridge from the game slot. I then updated my sysnand to 8.1.0 through the switch and when the update finished, used a jig to boot into rcm to turn on autoRCM in hetake and preserve my fuses. I can boot into my clean 8.1.0 sysnand now, but when I insert my gamecard it says The game card could not be read. Please remove it and reinsert it. Help!

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You probably have nogc enabled (in hekate 5.0 and newer this is automatically on to preserver the functionality once you downgrade later). You can disable it but you won't be able to use it on FWs lower than 4.1.0 after that.

Reactions: kimbo

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I created my sysnand backup when I was on 3.0, will my game card still work if I downgrade? I don’t recall doing any special stuff to preserve the game card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: