Hacking After playing it for a day..

ambitous21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow i'm amazed.. by everything.. since it was my first time playing the ds lite too
tongue.gif

right now i'm currently playing ouendan, mario kart, dragon quest monster joker all at the same time
laugh.gif

just some simple questions..

1. videos. i know theres this tool called dpgtools21 so you simply download that program, and convert all files so they are playable under moonshell?
can you convert realmedia player videos too? like rmvb?

2. i think we really need to have 1.05 right now. the menu is uglyyyyy and i want something better.

3. since the games show up on the moonshell menu, cant we run games from that place? like SCDS??

4. can we hide some of the files? like the moonshell folder, other stuff when we are on the games menu?

5. oh yea and how durable are microSD's? everytime i put it into my r4 i feel like its shaving agaisnt the side..

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad to know you got your hands on a DS Lite after all.... sad to know that you bet me to mine... still waiting... hopefullly tomorrow.

I have had an SD card split into too with hardly any pressure... I hope microSDs are better built but imo the kingmax cards are the best and most durable and they even have some water proof, heat resistant SD cards too. Dunno bout microSD.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. videos. i know theres this tool called dpgtools21  so you simply download that program, and convert all files so they are playable under moonshell?

2. i think we really need to have 1.05 right now. the menu is uglyyyyy and i want something better.

3. since the games show up on the moonshell menu, cant we run games from that place? like SCDS??

4. can we hide some of the files? like the moonshell folder, other stuff when we are on the games menu?

5. oh yea and how durable are microSD's? everytime i put it into my r4 i feel like its shaving agaisnt the side..
1. I started converting a .rmvb last night and it didn't complain. It seemed to be converting it just fine. Although, I never let it finish so I didn't get to test it.

2. /agree

3. I tried, didn't work. Updated moonshell to 1.6 Final Beta 3, still didn't work (not that I thought it would anyway).

4. You can specify what folders get shown/hidden in moonshell (ie. don't show the folder if it has a hidden flag), but in the R4 menu, you can't as of right now.

5. Can't say. I haven't damaged any of the microSD's I've had so far but it's a small electronic nonetheless. Always take care.

Yeah, I've only had my DS since about the middle of Dec. and this is my first flash card. I can definitely recommend this to any new people who are looking to buy their first.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow i'm amazed.. by everything.. since it was my first time playing the ds lite tooÂ
tongue.gif

right now i'm currently playing ouendan, mario kart, dragon quest monster joker all at the same timeÂ
laugh.gif

just some simple questions..

1. videos. i know theres this tool called dpgtools21  so you simply download that program, and convert all files so they are playable under moonshell?

1. Try it out for your self, since I usually don't come accross that type of file. if it dosen't support it, maybe batchdpg?
2. i don't have a r4 =D
3. no.
4. try: right click>properties>general - click "Hidden"
- make sure you can view hidden files.
5. i dont know.

edit-damn, too slow.

ambitous21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah i just tried putting media stuff

mp3's work perfectly fine
but i had some problems with pictures. the pictures wouldn't open at all
does moonshell support jpeg? or do they have their own specific file type??

Also, i think its a much better idea to put games into folders.
such as Super Mario Kart.nds .sav into one folder.

on the games menu, it looks cleaner, and is more organized.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cant you hide the .sav files by hitting select?
i thought i read that somewhere
You can. That would of course make it look decent on the NDS, but exploring the card itself would just have all your roms and saves in the same folder. I'm sure it'd be a bit of a hassle (not much) say if you wanted to backup the save for one specific game. You've got all your .sav's in that one single folder as well as your roms. I like it better as to where if I want to backup one game, I can just copy the save from that specific games' folder. It's really not that big of a deal. As if looking through a lot of .sav's or making one extra step in the process is such a hassle
laugh.gif
Really, it's just whatever works for ya. It'd probably be better that way if you wanted to backup all of your saves. Then you just browse the card, sort by extension, and copy all the .sav's.

ambitous21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so since jpeg didnt work just now, i changed the format to bmp

and the pictures all showed up and worked fine.
i test the pictures that used for the r4 skins, and they looked beautiful!!!
please please please r4 team release 1.05 already..

btw does someone has a link to a faq or tutorial for moonshell?
i wanna know what kinda file formats it does, and stuff like that
i also turned all those annoying popups off.. now my bottom screen is just a wallpaper.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should open up JPG, and even PNG just fine. I put a few on my card the other day just to test it and they showed up. The JPEG's I tried were like 1200x1700 (I just transferred the first images on my hd that I saw). Let's just say, images that big go fucking slow, both trying to resize the view as well as scroll around it. Why would anyone try to look at images that large on that screen anyway
tongue.gif
. But yeah, not sure what the problem was, you should be able to view JPG's just fine. Might wanna try a few different ones. Could be the method it was encoded in? :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end