After LU64 Fix USB Loader issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Thanatos, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009
  1. Thanatos
    OP

Newcomer Thanatos Member

United States
    Alright i have a 3.2 Launch Wii with Homebrew, USB Loader, the works and its all fine. So far no need for me to take the jump to 4.0 and such but my friend just got a LU65 Wii and he updated it to 4.0 so i followed the guide here to the T and then i loaded the Gamma Loader and the USB Loader on the SD card. The backup loader works but then i tried the USB Loader at when i try an external drive(one that works on mine and new recently formatted and loaded external) it returns- NO PARTITIONS FOUND (RET = -6) do i need to install a different CIOS or am i missing something?

2. natemckn

Member natemckn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Possibly a really simple solution to this. Did you try the other USB port? The newer cIOS will only work with the hard drive plugged into the bottom port (with the wii horizontal).

3. Thanatos
    OP

Newcomer Thanatos Member

United States
    Hmm i couldve swore i did, my friend just left but ill call him and have him try it.

EDIT: Freak that worked thanks

ADDITIONAL EDIT: So now that my friend has the 4.0 Installed on his system is there something else i need to install to block the Wii from automatically downloading and installing updates?