After installing some cIOSes, my Wii suddenly wants to update from disc! Should I be worried? (4.3)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ultramario1998, May 22, 2014.

1. ultramario1998
    OP

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I followed the instructions in this post to be able to use a WAD manager (which STILL doesn't work), but after installing, my Wii wants to preform a system update from the disc channel. I'm on the latest version, so should I let it patch or should I take extreme measures?

Any help appreciated.

2. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Install priiloader to block system updates. I would have system menu 4.1 installed, if you're not going to do that then you may as well update to the latest system menu and re-hack your wii. Having 4.1 system menu installed does offer a few options for brick recovery just in case you brick, but will not offer 100% brick recovery. Priiloader will also get you out of some types of bricks as well.

what wad manager are you trying to use.

3. ultramario1998
    OP

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I'm using YAWMM (Yet Another Wad Manager Mod). It's giving me some form of code dump/blackscreen whenever I try to browse for a wad.

As for Priiloader, I'm not sure as to whether my iOSes are modded or not. How can I check?

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States