Hacking After installing Haxchi, a ??? named app shows up

OmegaJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys! I started homebrewing my wii u 2 months ago and in particular Mario Kart 8 / Wii modding. I recently made a modpack for individual purposes called Mario Kart 9 and i wanted to put it in my Wii U Menu. Browsing on various sites i found a particular version of SDCafiine that will take you to the title you wrote in a file called "autoboot.txt". I then installed it and wrote the Mario Kart 8 EUR title id (mine), so i got an idea: why dont make a forwarder to this app, that will take me directly to my Mario Kart 8 modpack? That's exaclty what i was looking for, so i installed a DS game using Wii U USB Helper (it works because i have Tiramisu instlled, im safe) and i did the haxchi installation with my customized version (i mean, i edited the files in the "haxchi" foledr in the sd root). All seems going good, because the app says that the installation is complete. I go to my Wii U menu and i find an app, called "???" and with a grey icon with a "?" on it. When i was going to uninstall it i noticed that in the data management the wii u recognizes the app as "Mario Kart 9", because i called it like this in the title.txt file, instead of "???", but the icon is anyway that grey one. What did i do wrong? this is the first time it happens... i tried it with the Haxchi app and it worked, maybe there's a problem with the ds game? The game i used is The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, do i need to change game? I added two photos and the sdcafiine version i used

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 41
  • SmashSDCafiine.zip
    329.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by OmegaJS,

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Haxchi I believe the DS title has to be legit, even if tiramisu is installed. Reason being is Haxchi itself runs Before tiramisu afaik. Honestly if you want a Haxchi forwarder for this is worth the small price to buy a DS game for this purpose. Just make sure you do so before the eShop closes in March of next year ;)

OmegaJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For Haxchi I believe the DS title has to be legit, even if tiramisu is installed. Reason being is Haxchi itself runs Before tiramisu afaik. Honestly if you want a Haxchi forwarder for this is worth the small price to buy a DS game for this purpose. Just make sure you do so before the eShop closes in March of next year ;)
I installed right now the USB Loader GX forwarder with a NON-legit DS title (Wario Master of Disguise) and it perfectly works.. so idk

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Making forwarders with the haxchi method can be done with non legit roms however I think your problem lies possibly with the icons and banners.

Always save your tga files with photoshop and your dimensions and compression are important also....

bootDrcTex.tga : needs to be 854x480, uses 24 bits, uncompressed (Tablet Image)

bootTvTex.tga : needs to be 1280x720, uses 24 bits, uncompressed (TV Image)

iconTex.tga : needs to be 128x128, uses 32 bits, uncompressed (App Image)

OmegaJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Making forwarders with the haxchi method can be done with non legit roms however I think your problem lies possibly with the icons and banners.

Always save your tga files with photoshop and your dimensions and compression are important also....

is paint.net ok? however the dimension are the same, but what do you mean for "uses 24 bits / 32 bits"?

OmegaJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

same.. there's still an app called "???" without icon

OmegaJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

wait, maybe i got the problem. Can the problem be that my iconTex has a transparent background?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Paint.net never seems to work for me. I do all my editing with that but then just open it in photoshop and save with those settings. The window gives you the compression rate option. And no, I have many transparent ones.

OmegaJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wait, maybe i got the problem. Can the problem be that my iconTex has a transparent background?

Paint.net never seems to work for me. I do all my editing with that but then just open it in photoshop and save with those settings. The window gives you the compression rate option. And no, I have many transparent ones.
ok but the problem is that i can't pay for photoshop right now. or is there a free version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night