Hacking After installing A9HL on 4 differnt 3DS', I dont see why people are scared to do it

D

Deleted User

I shit my pants doing a9hl, and I've had a 3DS since the original launch date and hung on to 4.5 forever. I was inspired to do it because I read a reddit post to get a9hl while I still could because Nintendo might remove this capability at some point
I don't think they can remove the capability to do it if you remain on 9.2,unless they remove the the website used to install the a9lh exploit after downgrading to 2.1.0.Personaly I'd rather wait for sun and moon before going through with it since this is my only 3ds and I rather be patient then run into a big fat brick,if I play sun and moon beforehand however then I won't regret bricking if I ever do during the process.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen people are afraid due to newbness or having to do a downgrade which scares people . As a person with a a9lh it's fine read the guide carefully also there was this forum with this staying something better and safer than arm9 Jax so I guess people are waiting for that

Abu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I for one can say that I soft bricked my 2ds trying to install a9hl and had less issues with a emunand + menu hax set up.
Then again, I went back to cubic ninja every time menuhax decides not to boot into homebrew.

D

Deleted-379826

I've hardbricked a 3ds even while following all steps correctly, although I'm aware that is like a one in a million chance. Doesn't scare me.

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I can see the new guide being more streamlined, but I liked the old one better. I still have a copy of it and use it on every A9LH install. I don't like the CTRNAND stuff.

But yeah, no one should be scared of doing this. And A9LH is worth every second you invest on the installation.

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not worth taking the time to go through the lengthy guide and installation process. I rarely shut down my 3DS so I don't care about boot up time, and I don't do anything that could brick my console so I don't care about being able to restore my NAND.

Would you put that much effort into enhancing or adding a feature you rarely or never use?

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not worth taking the time to go through the lengthy guide and installation process. I rarely shut down my 3DS so I don't care about boot up time, and I don't do anything that could brick my console so I don't care about being able to restore my NAND.
Keeping your 3ds on all the time isn't good for it. And also, is an hour or two considered lengthy? Im sorry, but saying that it's not worth the time is like saying "Ehh, it's not worth the time to get my car fixed, I'll be just fine." as you wobble down the road and then break down, then cant get it started, then cant get it started again, then just leaving your car on indefinitely, then having to buy a new battery lol.
Would you put that much effort into enhancing or adding a feature you rarely or never use?
And yes, if you use your 3ds at all, then you would be using it. Its not simply about boot rates

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I installed A9LH back when it was still scary and risky to do! Seriously, they had like one paragraph kind of explaining the process when I first installed A9LH.
Nowadays, it's like 100X easier with little to no chance of bricking. It's also a lot faster than before.
I just don't see the reason people would continue to cling to old stuff like MenuHAX, RXTools, and Brickwait, when you can clearly see better options right in front of you.

Reactions: VincentBeasley

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I kinda want to try a9lh for my first time on my spare 3ds, but the only reason why i haven't gotten up to it yet is having the actual time and concentration to do it right... Plus, the only a9lh i want is aurora's experimental SD-less mini cfw fork, not the default one from the guide, since i want it to be a vanilla 3ds in case the sd slot gets permanently damaged or something.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter the process at the end of the day they all do the same thing that all people want, free games.
Haha not everyone mods their systems for free games. My main reason is so I can have save backups and have a digital AND physical copy of a game as well as cheat support. A9LH allows my 3DS to function like a normal system but with all those added perks with zero negatives

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.