Hardware After how much time the 3D "WOW Effect" vanishes for you?

camus24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i think the same as @Nintendude92, mean while i'm playing i think "I have the 3d on?" because i forgot completly and I inmerse in the game, the 3d is nothing in compare with the emotion at the game, then I just preferred use the 3d for the animation secuence, the WOW effect past for me i think in a week, when i get bored of the AR cards...

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, the 3D effect is slowly accepted by the brain and when you inmerse more and more in the game you forget about the 3D, but if I relax and stop playing for a while the 3D effect comes back.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i knew it was going to be a gimmick before I got it, it doesn't hurt my eyes like most people but I rarely use the 3D mode

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i really don't understand how something that feels so "natural" is a gimmick. but that's just me.

granted, there's no anti-aliasing in stereo 3D, so it's basically a compromise. i guess there will just have to be games that work well with 3D and those that look better with it off.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3DS 3d technology is not impressive at all. In fact, the quality of it is disapointing. 3D technology that use glasses is far better than this.

The 3DS at first might have been worth 250$ if the 3d technology wasn't garbage. You're better playing of in 2D, I mean in 2D, you get a better framerate and the graphics looks better than a PSP.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
The first time I ran with a Cucco I actually blinked at the feathers rushing towards me! I quite like the 3D effect, despite not really being a fan of 3D movies. My GF loves the OKGO video with the dogs, she's watched it about 7 times so far and claims it's the best use of 3D she could imagine....

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
3DS 3d technology is not impressive at all. In fact, the quality of it is disapointing. 3D technology that use glasses is far better than this.

The 3DS at first might have been worth 250$ if the 3d technology wasn't garbage. You're better playing of in 2D, I mean in 2D, you get a better framerate and the graphics looks better than a PSP.
Graphics do look better than PSP in 3D! -_-

As for the framerate that's developers issues, it's been confirmed that Mario Kart and Tekken 3D are both running at 60FPS in 3D mode. Why couldn't other developers optimise the same is another question.

Ben Dan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games will never let you have that kind of feeling, pilotwings for example.
if you turn off 3D mode you won't be able to fly precisely, and when you are staring at the scenery in front of you, your charater splits in two, like in real world, you put a finger in front of your nose and it splits into two as you looking forward.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions uses the 3D well.

Off-topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRrviEHeN2M[/youtube]

Before anyone thinks it doesn't talk about 3D, it does. "Hardware on a all new level" is popping out = 3d. Anyway, almost make me want to buy it again.
tongue.gif

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
None of that "WOW Effect" for me... I still think it's just a gimmick. Now I'm not calling the 3DS a gimmick, I'm still very excited about actually buying one... but I'm not doing it for the 3D.. I couldn't care less if the system came without 3D.. May have been a bit better, I think.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "wow" factor was gone for me the moment I went hands-on with the system. I had been so psyched for the thing, especially after last year's E3, but once I looked upon it with my own eyes at Best Buy, I was like, "that's it?" The menu system, circle pad, features, and promise for the system are what ultimately sold me, though. Now, I rarely use the 3D. I'll usually try a game both with the 3D on and off, but generally, I find it difficult to play with it on. I really thought Nintendo had nailed it, and in some respects, they have. But in the majority of gaming situations, I find it to still be little more than a gimmick.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The WOW-effect usually trades itself in for the FFS-effect.

There are always those times when whatever I do the 3D image is never perfectly aligned. That's when I go apeshit and turn it off.

Though I'm glad it doesn't happen that often.

georaldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The narrow 3d viewing angle is the real letdown for me. To get the best view, you have to be perfectly aligned with your 3ds screen, else you get double vision, crosstalk and other headache-inducing anomalies

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
The "wow" factor was gone for me the moment I went hands-on with the system. I had been so psyched for the thing, especially after last year's E3, but once I looked upon it with my own eyes at Best Buy, I was like, "that's it?" The menu system, circle pad, features, and promise for the system are what ultimately sold me, though. Now, I rarely use the 3D. I'll usually try a game both with the 3D on and off, but generally, I find it difficult to play with it on. I really thought Nintendo had nailed it, and in some respects, they have. But in the majority of gaming situations, I find it to still be little more than a gimmick.
Have at least 3-4 games that the 3D improve on or at least used well. What games do you have?
Also how 'bout the OS features that have 3D like the videos?

You say you found it it difficult to play with it on, is that because you can't keep the 3DS still enough or it bother your eyes?

I like how it more like a window and how it make the games no longer flat.

Do you even like the 3D?

RDilus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3D dont give me a WOW effect but the grapichs are neat like zelda OoT that grapichs sure gives me a WOW effect

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't really use the 3D. And the only time I though it was "wow" was when I had just bought the 3DS.
I just can't play with 3D, I only use it in cutscenes. When I'm playing the screen keeps going dark because I'm constantly moving.
The longest time I used 3D was during the ending of Zelda OoT (Ganondorf's nose pops out of the screen
tongue.gif
)

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed this when watching a 3D movie. After half the movie I notice the effect was less noticeable, I probably just got used to it.
But I do enjoy the 3D effect. It's not like it makes everything good just by having it, but it's a small plus.
When I get a 3DS, I'll probably use 3D all the time when I'm home(not portable due to battery issues).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.