After hitting 'Play' on WiiFlow, screen goes black and returns to Wii Menu.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jaldon, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Jaldon
    OP

Jaldon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    I'm modding my Wii atm, everything is the latest version according to the complete guide.

My issue is that Wii games will show up in WiiFlow, and when I hit 'play' the screen goes black and then returns to the main menu.

I took the .iso, transferred it to my SD using Wii Backup Manager, and then plugged in my SD card. The filetype is WBFS.

Not sure what's going on, any guidance is much appreciated.

Also, my gamecube games are working perfectly with Nintendont. Is there a way I can view them in WiiFlow?

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Set WiiFlow to force cIOS and set it to 249 or whatever one you have installed. Nintendon't uses stock IOS58, Wii games do not.

466 and Jaldon like this.
  3. Jaldon
    OP

Jaldon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    Thank you very much. I found information in some other posts with keywords from yours and was able to fix it.

For anyone in the future looking at this, here's what I did. I modded using the Complete Guide.

Here is the other post that helped me: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader.204106/page-581#post-4555386

1. Go to WiiFlow from the Homebrew Channel
    2. Press Start, go to settings.
    3. Move to the second screen (right D-Pad)
    4. Click 'Startup Settings' <--- This is where I got confused, I didn't know the name!
    5. Set Force Load cIOS to ON
    6. Set cIOS Revision to 250 <--- I installed v10 beta 53 to 249 and v10 beta52 to 250. Setting cIOS revision to 249 caused my system to crash or reload with significant graphical issues.
    7. Enjoy!