after getting otp file, i can't restore my sysnand_original.bin

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ||αяιєѕ||, May 31, 2016.

1. ||αяιєѕ||
    OP

||αяιєѕ|| Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2014
    I followed Plailect's guide perfectly. I have my otp file now and I'm restoring my system (section 4). However, otphelper showed this message:

Opening sysNAND_original.bin . . .
    NAND header not recognized!
    SysNAND restore: failed!

help!
    o3ds, setup is how it should be in part 4 section 2 of plailect's guide

2. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Did you, by any chance, after dumping your sysnand back up check if it has the correct size? It's actually mentioned in the guide. Can you tell me what is the file size of your nand dump?

||αяιєѕ|| likes this.
  3. morvoran

morvoran GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    Did you read the troubleshooting page of that guide? If not, look under "OTPHelper/Decrypt9 won't restore / can't find my NAND backup" and follow those steps. There's a good chance your SD card is fragmented.

Last edited by morvoran, May 31, 2016
    ||αяιєѕ|| likes this.
  4. ||αяιєѕ||
    OP

||αяιєѕ|| Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2014
    it's 954 mb, so I think it's the samsung one

5. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Same bytes?

Edit: If you really do follow Plailect's guide to the letter, i would assume that you also have a sysnand.bin as your dump(This was made From Part3: Rednand)? I believe you can use that too for restoring sysnand.

And as @morvoran mentioned, try reading the this

Last edited by Akira, May 31, 2016
    ||αяιєѕ|| likes this.
  6. ||αяιєѕ||
    OP

||αяιєѕ|| Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2014
    i tried restoring the one i had from part 2 (which is also on 9.2) and it worked! thanks!

7. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    For the record, it would have also been possible to (O3DS only) use a 4.x game cart to update to 4.x, then use RxTools via web browser or MSET to update to a clean 9.2 system, set up menuhax, and install A9LH from there. (Anything that was on your SysNand by the end of Part 3 would have been lost though, but most everything else exists on EmuNand anyway)

In any case, I'm glad you got your problem solved!