• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

After Fallout From "Defund the Police" Political Party Tries To Shift Blame

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
ACAB is f*cking offensive. I know some cops who do their job well, and it impacts them to see that people are kinda stupid.

1. Defunding the police is the dumbest idea from the left wing to spawn. As a leftist, I find it offensive to what we should believe. Think about it, what if America took those funds and pushed for social reform in their officers? Wouldn't that change something? Wouldn't false arrests go down? Wouldn't the number of actual criminals in prisons go up?

2. Yes, I said it at the start, ACAB is stupid. In fact, I find it a waste of a perfectly good acronym because of what it stands for. Pressuring that onto the non-criminal, actually good law enforcement folks out there is like saying something like "all black people are criminals" or "all muslims are terrorists". It's utter bullsh*t. Just because one person of your race or job did something stupid doesn't mean that all of them suck. If you're gonna push ACAB, why stop there? Be a jerk even further at that point.

3. I'm not done. The Republicans can push the blame on the more progressive party, but they wanted things to stay the same. If you wanted to see something good come out of this movement (or anything from the Conservative side since Abraham Lincoln was president) they should've pushed for, like I mentioned earlier, the reform of police officers through extensive training methods to prevent false arrests, induce anti-racism, and push back against actual criminals. Yet you sat back with popcorn and laugh at us. You are like the League of Legends players of this country laughing at those who go to work.

rusty shackleford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Republicans are the ones defunding the police. They voted no on a bill that would give police departments more funding for rising crime. There are some crazies on the far left that want to abolish the police, but defunding the police means to divert some funding for the police to fund other services so cops just dont go and shoot nonviolent or handicapped people.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Absolute fools the 'defund the police' crowd are. I'm very glad they have been proven so wrong.
We've not been proven wrong, the cops have just kept on murdering people since the Chauvin verdict. For that matter, the uncle of the kid who recorded Floyd being murdered was himself murdered by Minneapolis police just recently. Keep on deepthroating that boot though, surely it'll pay off one day.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Lacius

BeniBel

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Im calling BULLSHIT HERE If that was the whole story the outcome would have been slightly LESS Publicized, and NONE of THIS CONDONES TAKING A MANS LIFE! All these idiots talking shit and passing judgement on a dead man, STOP your PRIVLEDGE IS SHOWING!! and BTW I live in Minneapolis! Born and Raised

Really, my privilege? You know nothing about me and you're going to claim my priviliges? Your comment is nothing more than some capitalized words without any true argument. And offcourse ignoring everything except the one small part about floyd.

The entire floyd incident had nothing to do with racism. And honestly, seeing the record of his past we can't trully say it was a great lost for society. Just saw the entire body cam footage of his arrest, not the cherry picked parts the news shows, and damn he had a huge part in what happened.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Please link me the details. I'm interested to know how this law abiding citizen, who no doubt would have not made any irratic decisions, came to an unfortunate end.
Why would I, given that you're preemptively being a racist piece of shit? Easy to laugh at others' misfortune from halfway around the world, where the highest annual kill count for police in the last decade was ten. So fuck you and fuck your country for giving the world Rupert Murdoch.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why would I, given that you're preemptively being a racist piece of shit? Easy to laugh at others' misfortune from halfway around the world, where the highest annual kill count for police in the last decade was ten. So fuck you and fuck your country for giving the world Rupert Murdoch.

Ouch. That really hurt. If there was some type of social worker I could call to respond to this micro aggression, rest assured, I'd be calling them, as long as you promised to stay non violent.

I'll let your very racist comment come down to your political beliefs.

"irratic decisions" doesn't give the ok for cops to be executioners.

^ Lol. This guy. No idea.

But non of us have any idea why this poor innocent uncle was killed by the big bad cops because Xzi doesn want us to know. He just wants to throw a black death out into the conversation without any details attached to it. I love a good self-made victim story.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am enjoying this but I'm still waiting for the details. You could really 'destroy' me here. For all I know, this guy was sitting inside his own home, watching Frozen with his little budding movie directing nephew, and was killed for no reason by the cops.

But you seem to no be very forthcoming with the deets. I want to defend my home boy as much as anyone, but you are making this very difficult to do so.

And I have no idea why???

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Police should be demilitarized, and defunded on the Fire Department level. They should be put on standby, and only respond if there's a call. Not roaming the streets like a bunch of murderous extortionist thugs looking for trouble. For anything more intense, we have S.W.A.T.

"If we need you, we'll call you."
are you retarded? So what you want is pretty much any criminal to be able to come car jack you, steal your shit, kill you and more, in plain sight with no cops patrolling to keep those fuckers away? because with out patrols, more thugs will come out and do that because they know they will get away a lot faster without squad cars patrolling areas. Some of you on here make me wonder how much drugs your mothers did while they were pregnant with you.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
are you retarded? So what you want is pretty much any criminal to be able to come car jack you, steal your shit, kill you and more, in plain sight with no cops patrolling to keep those fuckers away? because with out patrols, more thugs will come out and do that because they know they will get away a lot faster without squad cars patrolling areas. Some of you on here make me wonder how much drugs your mothers did while they were pregnant with you.

Pffft. You obviously don't know what the power of an after the fact, well trained councillor can do.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep that pretty much sums up January 6th. Sounds a lot like religious fundamentalism/extremism too, but those go hand-in-hand with fascism.

Yeah that was a disgusting day.

I can denounce that kind of behaviour. But you wholeheartedly support the fascists behaviour of the democrats without exception. Loot burn rape murder. Who cares as long as you get your message across.

You're the kind of guy that hates Hitler but thinks he'd be a pretty good guy if he was on your side of the political aisle.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But you wholeheartedly support the fascists behaviour of the democrats without exception. Loot burn rape murder. Who cares as long as you get your message across.
Democratic politicians are largely center-right moderates afraid of change, like many Republicans. "Loot burn rape murder" sounds like SWAT's slogan. Nobody's supporting criminality here, but I will concede that violence is the only language fascists understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.