After doing extensive research on both cards...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Hammyface, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Hammyface
    OP

Member Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sorry if this is a played out or an annoying topic but I promise I did a lot of homework.

The price difference between the two does not bother me. However based on all the reviews I read, it seems that the CycloDS Evo has some slight slowdown problems with certain cards, which is fine, but I do not see that mentioned in the M3 Simply/R4 review.

However, download and play is slightly important to me, but more so is plenty of updates. I also heard somewhere that the R4/M3 Simply do not do sleep mode properly and the battery runs out in 4 or 5 hours even in sleep mode, as opposed to 20+ hours with a real cartridge. Is this true?

I would really appreciate someone's opinion. I tried a friend's M3 Simply and it was great. Some minor slow downs in Animal Crossing (even with a Kingston Japanese microSD card) but that was all I noticed.

Thanks in advance!

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Sleep mode would be the same for all cards which use microSD - as the card has to be continually read (or something like that). So the drop in battery life is unavoidable.

The R4/M3S are cheaper, but the CycloDS is starting to look appealing with some of the features they are promising.

3. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The battery life is sufficient with my M3 Simply. I work 12 hour shifts, and leave it in sleep mode, playing here and there throughout the day as I have time. I've only had the battery die when I worked a shift like that, came home, slept, etc before plugging it up again.