Hacking After cIOS rev14 update, USB HDD no longer recognized

jud420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, last night I used Waninkoko's Firmware Downgrader to upgrade my firmware from 3.2U (Originally cracked with the Twilight Princess hack) to 4.1U, and then I installed the newest cIOS38rev14. Before I did the update, Loader GX and USB Loader 1.5 were both reading my USB drive (a Seagate FreeAgent 320gb) just fine. Now when loading up either USB loader, I get a 'Waiting for your slow USB device' message and a countdown from 20 to 0.

I've searched the forums here (and elsewhere) and the best advice I've found so far is to make sure the HDD is plugged in before the Wii is powered on, and to make sure the HDD is plugged into the slot closest to the edge of the wee (bottom when laying flat).

I thought that my WBFS partition may have been corrupted, so I reformatted the entire disk with FAT and then used WBFS Manager 3.0 to reformat the disk back into WBFS. I put on game on the HDD and went to plug it back into the wii and I get the same issue.

I think it may have something to do with the update, since the console was reading the HDD just before the update, and its not reading it now, just after the update.

My update process was as follows:

1. loaded the cIOS38rev14 file onto my SD card and opened it in the HBC to install it. I chose IOS249, and installed via network.
2. loaded the Firmware Downgrader onto my SD card and opened it in the HBC. I upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4(or 5, i can't remember) to 4.0 to 4.1
3. loaded the latest USB Loader GX version (1.0) onto my Sd card and ran it.. does not detect the hard drive

Am I missing anything obvious thats making it not load?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Only one of the 2 usb ports works if you have r14
be sure to try them both

and delete your config files (on the SD card)

edit: and why did you use firmware downgrader to update to 4.0 ??

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
as WalkerOfTheDay said... what happens is the new cIOS's just use ONE usb port for accessing HDD's... maybe you happened to have it in the incorrect one
tongue.gif
... this happened to me and that was the answer
smile.gif

jud420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thanks for the replies. I definitely have it in the correct USB port.

At this point I'm thinking about just upgrading using the wii system updater to 4.2 so that I can just start from scratch and re-hack it to make sure I have everything I need on there.

I upgraded the firmware using the downgrader because I had read on another post that upping the fw version helped with some of the newer games, but I didn't want to upgrade to 4.2 official yet because as I was doing it there wasn't any solid consensus that 4.2 was hackable yet. but now that there is...

I guess my next question is, if I have preloader installed, and HBC and custom IOS's, will a wii system update brick my console?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jud420 said:
Yeah thanks for the replies. I definitely have it in the correct USB port.
Are you positive ? You tried both of 'em ?

QUOTEI guess my next question is, if I have preloader installed, and HBC and custom IOS's, will a wii system update brick my console?
It should'nt, but you really should make a nand backup first. Do you have Bootmii installed as boot2 or IOS ??

xtoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi all,

I've the same issue.

After installing rev 14, the next problem appears :
On loading usb loader gx -> waiting for slow usb drive. (hdd led flashing quickly)
(did do a double check with neogamma -> same thing)

Because this rev 14 works on another wii (from someone who i know),
i checked which ios he has installed on his wii. (with anytitledeleter)
And they are the exact same ios as my wii.

Afther this, i delete the ios 249 and installed rev 13 -> same issue (only the hdd flashing light is slower)
Afther that, i delete the ios 249 and installed rev 10 -> same issue (only he turn my hdd in sleeping mode)

I tested all of this with a hdd which was working on the other wii.
I tried both usb ports each time.

(wii firmware version is even the same 3.2E)

What else could i do?

thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night