Hacking After backup I cannot delete Toolkit folder on Micro SD card

DoubleX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have completed NAND and 0/1 backup into Toolkit folder. I copied to my computer for saving, but I am not able to delete this Toolkit folder on my SD card, can someone tell me why? The SD card is not locked.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe the computer is still accessing files on it. Try reinserting the card then delete. Also you could try deleting from a different device. I have had issues like this on win 7 before

DoubleX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe the computer is still accessing files on it. Try reinserting the card then delete. Also you could try deleting from a different device. I have had issues like this on win 7 before

I tried popping it out and in again, plus restarting my laptop also, but not helping. Even the regedit change to 0 on StorageDevicePolicies -> WriteProtect did not help

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried popping it out and in again, plus restarting my laptop also, but not helping. Even the regedit change to 0 on StorageDevicePolicies -> WriteProtect did not help

Like I was saying, I've had similar issues in the past. Not sure what the cause ever was, but I was able to delete stubborn files using my tablet

DoubleX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It has worked before with a bunch of games on Switch so I don't think it is fake.

I will try your application out now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It says my sd card is dirty???

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has worked before with a bunch of games on Switch so I don't think it is fake.

I will try your application out now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It says my sd card is dirty???

Yeah sounds like you have a fake SD card. I would highly recommend backuping your nand again on another SD card to be safe, chances are your backup is corrupt

Edit: your card could also be faulty. The fact that it's stuck in read only is something I haven't come across before. Could possibly be an issue with the write lock switch (never heard of this happening before tho)

Last edited by Plunt,

npbg6464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a Windows PC, open the command prompt and run chkdsk /f X: , replacing X with the drive letter of your card. This will clear the dirty flag. Also, if it says it found any errors, your backup may be corrupt.

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ReiNX is known to corrupt your microSD, and btw exFat file system is not journaled (so it's more possible to corrupt)

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReiNX is known to corrupt your microSD, and btw exFat file system is not journaled (so it's more possible to corrupt)
Just so you know, SD card corruption is not specific to ReiNX. All CFW are vulnerable to it, and it's something related to homebrew apps in general. That's why RetroNX doesn't officially support exFAT card because something their app does corrupts them a lot. When it's discovered why the corruption happens, we can start looking into a solution to it. In the mean time, you can just use fat32 cards to avoid the corruption, but they open up a different issue of "no files larger than 4GB." For emulating, it's not a problem, but it's an issue when you start playing backups.

Reactions: Draxzelex

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just so you know, SD card corruption is not specific to ReiNX. All CFW are vulnerable to it, and it's something related to homebrew apps in general. That's why RetroNX doesn't officially support exFAT card because something their app does corrupts them a lot. When it's discovered why the corruption happens, we can start looking into a solution to it. In the mean time, you can just use fat32 cards to avoid the corruption, but they open up a different issue of "no files larger than 4GB." For emulating, it's not a problem, but it's an issue when you start playing backups.
I know, and I mispelled; Rei Toolkit is likely to corrupt mSD, even Rei noticed that and wrote it in red in his thread, while CFWs not so much. I don't know about RetroNX, but as you said there isn't any problem for just emulating old games with Fat32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands