Hacking After adding a small game to my Fat32 drive, my split RE4 no longer shows up.

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I've set up a fat32 drive that ran RE4 and my 2 GameCube games perfectly, but up until now I haven't added any other Wii games, then I impulsively decided to put New super Mario bros. on my drive manually (not using Wii backup manager) but I used WBM for RE4 due to its size, now RE4 no longer shows in USB loader GX, yet New Sup does.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I’m not sure what you mean by cache, My usbloadergx is saying no new updates, I just updated the wiitdbxml and the game selection screen is unchanged.

After adding content (games) to your storage device (SD/USB Drive/External HDD), you need to update -reading/reloading the folder's contents actually- the cache of the listed games on USB LoaderGX, so any new additions or removals get reflected on the available games list it shows.

Reactions: JediFallenGamer

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After adding content (games) to your storage device (SD/USB Drive/External HDD), you need to update -reading/reloading the folder's contents actually- the cache of the listed games on USB LoaderGX, so any new additions or removals get reflected on the available games list it shows.
So I need to update the games list. I’m not seeing an option in usbloadergx’s settings. do I need to do this computer side?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm in hard drive settings on usb loader gx, there's an option to "sync FAT32 FS info" should I try that?

Try that, but if I'm not wrong it should be more game related, nothing about hard drives or filesystems, unless the naming has been changed.

Btw, which version of USB Loader GX are you using?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii backup manager doesn’t show the files/folders but on the drive i can see two folders for RE4 and one folder with the new sup iso in it.
There should be only one folder for RE4, are the 2 folders both named the same? or similar? Inside the folder should be 2 wbfs files since it's a +4GB game.

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be only one folder for RE4, are the 2 folders both named the same? or similar? Inside the folder should be 2 wbfs files since it's a +4GB game.
they're similar, the naming is: Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition_[RB4E08]-temp1, vs, Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition_[RB4E08]-temp. Temp1 having the 2 wbfs files, and temp with the tmp files.

Edit: those are the 2 folder names

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're similar, the naming is: Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition_[RB4E08]-temp1, vs, Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition_[RB4E08]-temp. Temp1 having the 2 wbfs files, and temp with the tmp files.

Edit: those are the 2 folder names
What does the 2nd folder contain? In any case, drag that "temp" folder and put/save it elsewhere keep only "temp1" folder on the wbfs folder there. And rename the temp 1 folder to "Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition [RB4E08]". BTW check if it's actually +4GB or not.

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the 2nd folder contain? In any case, drag that "temp" folder and put/save it elsewhere keep only "temp1" folder on the wbfs folder there. And rename the temp 1 folder to "Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition [RB4E08]". BTW check if it's actually +4GB or not.
it has 3 files labeled under file type Tmp, and sits at 11.9gb, I think its the save data as I've played through a lot of the game

edit: there is a saves folder but it only contains the GameCube saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse