Hacking After A9HL what do people do with their Gateway3DS carts?

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, so you just admit that they stole the free *hax entrypoint to use on their commercial and paid product, and later they're gonna again steal a free and public software called a9lh and promote it as revolutionary and unique. Their entrypoint is just free software, meaning that in the same way you use a gateway, you're using a CFW, the difference is you're paying for a shitty support team, which doesn't care about you or none of their customers? Have you wondered why SOON became a meme? That's why. They just don't care. In the end they're just thieves that are getting their money from lazy users or uninformed users

What the heck? No.
Did Aurora Wright create A9LH? No. Does this mean she stole it? No, she did not. She implemented it into her CFW.
Did roxas75 create Ninjhax? No. Does this mean he STOLE it? No, he did not. He allowed users to access his CFW through that entrypoint.

Gateway building a usable .3dsx for people to use with their desired entrypoint (Ninjhax, Menuhax, etc.) is NOT stealing. And they credited the Homebrew scene when they built and released their .3dsx.

And you're telling me they don't care about their customers? If someone bricked their 3DS whilst setting up A9LH, would the creator personally replace their bricked 3DS for them? No, they wouldn't. If you didn't already know this, when Gateway accidentally bricked their users' 3DSes when using their 2.6b release, they replaced the 3DSes FOR them, and there's not a doubt in my mind they'd do it again if their brick code were to do that to anyone else.

SOON became a meme when users were waiting for N3DS support from Gateway, which might I add, THEY HAD before any free CFW. Having a break inbetween releases doesn't equate to the GW Team giving a huge middle finger to their customers. Things take time, and I'm sure the team has lives.

Last edited by CreAtor135,

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's just ridiculous if you ask me, because one, why the multiregion roms when they're all the same essentialy and 2 it defeats the purpose because you have to reboot the 3ds and eventually the gw boot will FAIL because of the *hax instability ;)
You do realize that EU and Japan get exclusive releases right. Half the games in Japan never get localized, ever.

You reboot jack squat Einstein, a9lh supports Sky3ds naturally as if it were a real game card, also GW is soon gonna support a9. So, you don't reboot jack squat, you just keep your flashcard inside the 3ds and boot your a9 as usual and have the best of both worlds.

Got anymore arguments?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
You do realize that EU and Japan get exclusive releases right. Half the games in Japan never get localized, ever.

You reboot jack squat Einstein, a9lh supports Sky3ds naturally as if it were a real game card, also GW is soon gonna support a9. So, you don't reboot jack squat, you just keep your flashcard inside the 3ds and boot your a9 as usual and have the best of both worlds.

Got anymore arguments?
yes. you bought it. There's nothing to do now ;)
Let's just see if they will EVER release it. They're just on their end of life you know. They just say a9lh support and such to keep customers ... My bet is that they're not doing shit and will never do, they're just trying to hold on a bit more. Nowadays it's nothing revolutionary ya know. I know the thing about convenience, I think you're forgetting having a 3ds/ds flashcard inside your system drains your battery. But it's your opinion :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What the heck? No.
Did Aurora Wright create A9LH? No. Does this mean she stole it? No, she did not. She implemented it into her CFW.
Did roxas75 create Ninjhax? No. Does this mean he STOLE it? No, he did not. He allowed users to access his CFW through that entrypoint.

Gateway building a usable .3dsx for people to use with their desired entrypoint (Ninjhax, Menuhax, etc.) is NOT stealing. And they credited the Homebrew scene when they built and released their .3dsx.

And you're telling me they don't care about their customers? If someone bricked their 3DS whilst setting up A9LH, would the creator personally replace their bricked 3DS for them? No, they wouldn't. If you didn't already know this, when Gateway accidentally bricked their users' 3DSes when using their 2.6b release, they replaced the 3DSes FOR them, and there's not a doubt in my mind they'd do it again if their brick code were to do that to anyone else.

SOON became a meme when users were waiting for N3DS support from Gateway, which might I add, THEY HAD before any free CFW. Having a break inbetween releases doesn't equate to the GW Team giving a huge middle finger to their customers. Things take time, and I'm sure the team has lives.
And having a good team is basically bricking gateway clones isn't it? Bricking people that they're not their customers... And making us pay for free software. I guess that if I do a luma3ds clone and shove it in a flashcard and mention Aurora it's excusable isn't it? No it isn't. And it's pretty much the same, with just a few UI tweaks

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WOW, that same old argument is used SO MANY times for flashcard fanboys ! :O
Fun fact: without private headers, you can get banned online!
And talking about that, it's a surprise you have to be on 9.2 wh ich is the version you can get free and more reliable CFW's
Also, how do you feel how hard it is to get a .3ds compared to a .cia(you can pull them using ciaangel/funkeycia(nintendo servers themselves)
Also, how do you feel that you were an idiot and paid for piracy when you could get it for FREE/0 $ ?
Good? You shoudn't because a normal person would call it a mistake.
Also, comparing the hassle to get a gateway card to boot into an emunand(nowadays updated sysnand+a9lh is waaaay faster and more reliable as well as anti brick is awesome) compared to newer alternatives, there's really really NO EXCUSE for a gateway card to exist. I'd like to say to Gateway/Sky3ds fanboys to stop defending their purchase. ;)

first of all: please tell me where i can get a replacement backplate. I called nintendo (NoE Germany) and asked if i can buy a replacement backplate. they said no, i have to send my N3DS in which i obviously wont do. seriously, i need one.

sencond: i get that buying a gateway now is pretty much a waste of money. but you have to admit that for a long time gateway was the only way to play *cough*backups*cough* until sky3ds came along and it then took some further time for CFWs to become a viable alternative or even superior for most aspects by now. a lot of people have gotten a good amount of value from their gateway card in the past, granted they are obsolete by now and for me the only reason i myself still keep it is the excelent cheat engine (not so much for the cheats themseöves but for fiddling arround and finding them) - but i seriously hope there will be be a homebrew solution in the future.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
first of all: please tell me where i can get a replacement backplate. I called nintendo (NoE Germany) and asked if i can buy a replacement backplate. they said no, i have to send my N3DS in which i obviously wont do. seriously, i need one.

sencond: i get that buying a gateway now is pretty much a waste of money. but you have to admit that for a long time gateway was the only way to play *cough*backups*cough* until sky3ds came along and it then took some further time for CFWs to become a viable alternative or even superior for most aspects by now. a lot of people have gotten a good amount of value from their gateway card in the past, granted they are obsolete by now and for me the only reason i myself still keep it is the excelent cheat engine (not so much for the cheats themseöves but for fiddling arround and finding them) - but i seriously hope there will be be a homebrew solution in the future.
*cough*ntr cfw*cough*

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

N3ds xl battery cover? I have one if youll pay the shipping. Im in the states

Last edited by DHall243,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*cough*ntr cfw*cough*
trust me, i know of ntr cfw. but its cheat engine is not as convenient and last time i checked there is no trainer available on the 3DS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

N3ds battery cover? I have one if youll pay the shipping. Im in the states
yeah, that's gonna be an issue. shipping from US to EU is expensive, probably will exceed the value of the backplate itself. i appreciate the offer, though.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold my Gateway for a random price of $20 just to get rid of it. Nobody ever wants to buy a Gateway and I despised it.
Now I'm happy with A9LH + Luma3DS + 128 GB micro SD. It doesn't get any better than this.

Much like the Wii, you don't need a modchip/flashcard to use hacks on the system.

Gateway has already wasted my money, and I at least got something back. Plus it's 64 GB that was in it is now used as spare memory for my Wii U hacks.

Last edited by MattKimura,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still use their gateway cards in a desperate attempt to make it seem like its still relevant.
I only continue to use mine because all my pre-A9LH games/saves exist on it and it would take a long time to convert it.

Someone needs to make a better cheat ram search for free CFW already.

New_Newbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how this is a contest on what people do with their cards? A9lh gives many more options besides piracy (But we all know this thread was started under the knowledge that A9lh is only good for that purpose...) while Gateway is an outdated piracy method only available to the people who use a Tubehax DNS on 9.2 with more cash then they know what to do with. (Why else would you buy one?)
That's just my opinion. Gateway is also good for personal backups, but who honestly spends a large amount of money just to have all their games on the go... I'm not spending a lot of money on the equivalent to a travel case. 3dstravelcase.rar

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm not sure how this is a contest on what people do with their cards? A9lh gives many more options besides piracy (But we all know this thread was started under the knowledge that A9lh is only good for that purpose...) while Gateway is an outdated piracy method only available to the people who use a Tubehax DNS on 9.2 with more cash then they know what to do with. (Why else would you buy one?)
That's just my opinion. Gateway is also good for personal backups, but who honestly spends a large amount of money just to have all their games on the go... I'm not spending a lot of money on the equivalent to a travel case. 3dstravelcase.rar
Maybe because I bought it before any CFW existed?

Reactions: KazoWAR

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes. you bought it. There's nothing to do now ;)
Let's just see if they will EVER release it. They're just on their end of life you know. They just say a9lh support and such to keep customers ... My bet is that they're not doing shit and will never do, they're just trying to hold on a bit more. Nowadays it's nothing revolutionary ya know. I know the thing about convenience, I think you're forgetting having a 3ds/ds flashcard inside your system drains your battery. But it's your opinion :)s
to be fair, people having been saying "no guys, it's just a scam, they don't care, there won't be updates" literally since the Gateway was first launched and promised multiROM. And hey, look, every time someone said that, they were wrong. Obviously it's no guarantee that will continue into the future, but to immediately say "they're just lying" with exactly zero evidence while they have proven themselves trustworthy when it comes to adding features seems silly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1